General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women only, boys can watch

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
lvnMyFB
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Women only, boys can watch

I bought an 05 Fat Boy in the fall of 04, a present to myself after divorce. I have 12,500 miles on it. Love it. I don't have any gal friends that ride, but there is a group of gals that ride together on some Tuesday evenings and I'm hoping to hook up with them yet this year. I ride as much as I can with my guy friend and he's tought me much and he was patient while I was still green. We've been all over Wisconsin and last year toured Wy and SD, 3600 miles and it was great. We leave next Friday for MT, Canada, WY and Sturgis...can't wait!!! We're talking about a trip to Alaska next year and if we go I'm thinking about an EGlide for more comfort.
I've had nothing but good experiences at the dealer. They did some performance upgrades for me and were very helpful.
A lot of women like the ladies groups and that's ok. I know there are guys out there that think women shouldn't or can't ride, but they're in the minority in my opinion. Most men I talk to think it's cool when they find out I have my own bike.
My only regret is that now that I have my own, I don't get to ride on the back of his bike anymore!!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:41 PM
grape ape
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lvnMyFB

My only regret is that now that I have my own, I don't get to ride on the back of his bike anymore!!
I've been riding for 2 years. My first bike was an 05 Sportster 883C, now I have a Street Bob which I got in March. Before I got my license, I had been riding with hubby for 2 years. But sometimes I still do ride on the back with him. Not very often, but when we went to the beach last summer, we took both our bikes, had a great ride down through Maryland and Delaware, but once there, I parked my bike and rode with him around town. That way I didn't have to worry about all those sandy parking lots or U turns on Ocean Hwy, and I could have as many tropical drinks as I wanted! Then we had a nice long ride home at the end of the week. I had to swallow my pride a little bit since I am proud of the fact that I ride my own, but that's OK. Gotta do what works for me. This year when we go, I may be more comfortable about riding my own in and around Ocean City. But I sure will miss those tropical drinks . . . I'll have to save that indulgence for when we're on foot.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
lschultz
Road Master

Well I have been reading and reading and reading but I don't see no pictures. So we would like to see what you wemen look like. Clothing optional! Bluerose has her picture.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

Start a thread then!!

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

I would really like to see a thread with nothing but pictures of the "Lady's Of HD Forum" bikes.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:45 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

I have a 2005 Road King Classic. I started out on an '86 Lowrider. I got sick of being on the back and decided to take the bull by the horns and take the MSF class and got my license. I have to admit though that now I make a really terrible passenger. [&o]

Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Sean
Cruiser

I don't think the moco was selling it on gender other than it always seems that men have clubs and orgs to join, I think they were making a space for the gals. Get well and in the wind soon

ORIGINAL: Windfairy

Hey Ladies, I would like to see how many women who ride their own are on this board. I am out of comission due to surgery at this moment and my bike(s) are sitting idle in the garage. Please share your stories, gripes and concerns. My first issue is why does the MO.CO. have LOH...why not MOH. I know it is all about marketing, but I have never, and will never join a organization that uses my gender for their benefit. In the wind....(soon).

Old 07-22-2006, 04:13 AM
nighttraingirl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone!
Obviously, by my name, I ride a Night Train. (04) About five years ago, my Brother bought a Sportster, which he tried to teach me to ride. It wasn't happening. I was uncomfortable for the reasons Windyfairy has mentioned with the center of gravity. I may have rode it 2 miles total; stalled it and tipped it over, and gave up. A few years later, a friend taught me to ride on a 82 Yamaha maxim 650. She had bought a new Heritage Classic and gave me the Yamaha. A year later, I bought my NT. I sold the Yamaha and used the money for new V+H pipes for the NT. Then this year I bought my old Yamaha back to ride to work! We have an unpaved lot at work and idiot drivers... So anyway, I never thought I would be able to learn to ride, much less own a Harley and now I have two bikes...
Looking forward to hearing from everyone else!

Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 AM
grape ape
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lschultz

Well I have been reading and reading and reading but I don't see no pictures. So we would like to see what you wemen look like. Clothing optional! Bluerose has her picture.
OK OK . . . me and the Grape Ape

Old 07-22-2006, 11:23 AM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,103 Likes on 4,208 Posts

Isn't this Title Sexual discriminatory? j/k j/k

Old 07-22-2006, 01:10 PM
scooter883
Intermediate

I am also out of the riding scene right now due to surgery. My husband and I traded my sporty in for a new "06 softail 3 mos ago. almost had the 1,000 miles on it for service when I found out I had a tumor in my spine and had to have surgery, quickly. I was in too much pain to ride anyway. Well I'm about 2 weeks out from the surgery anf looking in the garage at my brand new bike and can't wait to get back on it. Saw the neighbors going out for a ride this am and was very jealous-a beautiful day for a ride. So I literally feel your pain.
BTW- been riding 3 years now. Rode with my husband for about 2 years and made an off handed remark about learning to ride by myself and he took me literally-bought me a sporty on "04. I took the msf course and have never looked back. I love it! Don't ride b scratch any more and wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick Reply: Women only, boys can watch