General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster, sportster, iron

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DFOWLER023
I go to thegym everyday @5am.... I too lift alot of weight, i manage to do it without jackson gloves.... I checked on those spinners, harley was all out of stock on them..... They did have a disco ball though.... Like i said, the leds make for safe night riding on a blacked out bike...

Now that you've got your sense of humor engaged... i would also 2nd heading over to the Sportster section and browsing it thoroughly for ideas. There is a treasure trove of information and ideas there.
Members with some REALLY nice bikes just like (y)ours.

Personally, the best two mods i've done on my Nightster were the Road King Shocks
and the Superbrace... so i highly recommend those upgrades.

If you're not into comfort, i'd say slam the rear with some struts and add a springer seat.

If you are into comfort, like myself, maybe upgrade the seat (i have the same one) to something that's easier on the *** and more conducive to extended riding periods.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

hey thanks alot schumacher, i will check out the sportster section... i seen the custom 48... i like it, it looks much like the nightster, i wonder why they call it the 48?

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

THANKS CAPITALIST SLACE, i was thinking about the airshocks, someone recommended them for a easier ride. the comfort on the nightster isnt the best, but dont botherme too much, i usually dont ride very far, unless to the jersey shore for bike week.... i like your mirror placment,i am going to do that this weekend, i seen it on the new harley 48 and liked it... are your pipes vance and hines short shots?? i have the same ones in black, did u take the black cover off the pipes or buy ones with chrome covers??

Old 01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
gill
Cruiser

Don't let 'em get to ya. Your bike looks sweet! And I like the LED's. There are a lot of old farts on this forum who loathe all new these fangaled "electric" parts. They can't help it. Its winter time and their depends give 'em diaper rash. I would be giving you a hard time too.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

48 was the first year of the peanut tank, and that's why that Sporty has the name

Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
GetLost☠1982
Road Captain

Originally Posted by schumacher
48 was the first year of the peanut tank, and that's why that Sporty has the name
peanut tanks are the worst.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

LMAO GILL... THANKS MAN... shumacher, thanks for clearing up that 48 name for me... i am a fan of the peanut tank... its sleek, looks good on the sportsters... i couldnt wait, i went and flipped my mirrors over, they look pretty cool flipped, i think its gonna take some getting used too though,the view is much different...... yea Gill i notice the older guys dont care much for LED's my father wasnt crazy about them at 1st, but once he seen them at night on a busy road, he got the point, plus i like how they glow the motor... all you can see is a glowing motor comming down the block with a thunderous roar..... i thinks its bad ***, and screw who dont like it.. and my bike roars like know other i have heard, with the SE intake, SE race tuner pro and the vance and hines short shots.... load and crisp!!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
GetLost☠1982
Road Captain

are those LEDs legal in NJ?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

i have heard no, i know they are illegal on cars, not sure about on bikes, i have not been stopped yet, if i were to be stopped i have the defense that they make me visable to others, take it to court, bring pictures on my blacked out bike at night with the LED's on and off and ask the judge witch on would he rather be on at night... at night you cant see me at all on that bike, theres no chrome to reflect off of either... dispite what others say, i think they make for safe riding at night, and they really do look good @ night....

Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Smug
Tourer

Since your using the LED's as a safety device, I assume removing the bicycle reflectors is out of the question.

Quick Reply: Nightster, sportster, iron