General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster, sportster, iron

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
RyanC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint or powder coat your rocker box tops texture black. Not very hard to do. Makes the bike look a lot meaner in my opinion. You could also paint your headlight ring black as well. I just bought the old school looking sissybar for mine. Looks bad@$$, again my opinion. I'll have pics of it up soon.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM
GetLost☠1982
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DFOWLER023
i have heard no, i know they are illegal on cars, not sure about on bikes, i have not been stopped yet, if i were to be stopped i have the defense that they make me visable to others, take it to court, bring pictures on my blacked out bike at night with the LED's on and off and ask the judge witch on would he rather be on at night... at night you cant see me at all on that bike, theres no chrome to reflect off of either... dispite what others say, i think they make for safe riding at night, and they really do look good @ night....
That makes sense, but sometimes sense doesn't cut it. If you get pulled over you could plead ignorance.

I know in Connecticut you're not allowed to have any blue LED light because blue lights are reserved for police vehicles.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

I removed it from the rear fender, i plan to remove them from thr forks... They do look cheap....

Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

I didnt think about the Blue color being reserved for police... good point, i will take my chances though... like u said, i will play dumb...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
GetLost☠1982
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DFOWLER023
I didnt think about the Blue color being reserved for police... good point, i will take my chances though... like u said, i will play dumb...
yeah. you can probably get away from a ticket first time w/ that.

$.02- A solo seat would look waaay better.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from the Holy City. I think the LEDs are good for a black bike, they are hard enuff to c at night anyway. And don't let every bug that hits you in this forum ruin your day. Ride hard ride safe.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

i thought of painting the rocker box tops... i may... also the primary covers.. like the Iron... but still debating on it... i seen that sissy bar, its long with the pad in the center right?? detach one piece, 200 bucks.... i was gonna get that one but i ended up buying the detach side plates, the low uprite mini all in gloss black... its like a little butt stop, really small... i use it when i ride a passanger only, i like the look without a sissy bar..

Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

i have the stock solo seat and i do change off sometimes, i use the 2 up seat becuase my son likes comming out on the bike... he is 9... future rider... lol.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
gill
Cruiser

Same here can't have blue or red as they are reserved for emergency vehicles only. Had a set on my car when I was in high school and I found out the hard way. So I changed them to white and there was nothing they could do. I still like them though. Wish i could get away with blue.

couldnt wait, i went and flipped my mirrors over, they look pretty cool flipped, i think its gonna take some getting used too though,the view is much different
Have them flipped on mine too. Makes a world of difference and you will get used to it quick. I think seeing behind me is really important plus it cleans up the look of the bars and looks cool.

yea Gill i notice the older guys dont care much for LED's...
Its more than that many don't like fuel injection, ABS, or any computer systems (like the self canceling signals). Hell I have read that some don't even like the belt drive(because real bikes have chains) Though I disagree and love the technology I understand (even while I joke) that HD is a legacy brand and many count it's merits based on its history. So keep that in mind when you post and you will be ok.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
DFOWLER023
Intermediate

yea, i may have gotten tweeked at 1st, but i wont let them get to me... i just have that dont take **** attitude sometimes.... but i realize people talk **** over the comp sometimes... thanks for the advise.

Quick Reply: Nightster, sportster, iron