General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gotta get it off my chest

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
davescreation
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gotta get it off my chest

Ordered a set of apes from a company out in cali dont want to mention thier name now, but their shipping dept sucks ordered on the 18th they didnt ship till the 25 and they are still sitting in california it took 2 days to go from anaheim to l.a.? and they are still sitting in the ups terminal in la right now... this is bull jive i should have my fists in the air and knees in the breeze already man this sux

Old 01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
bueller
Intermediate

I know it sucks, but it could be worse. You could live where I do, and 20 sets of handlebars wouldn't get you out on the road right now!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
gill
Cruiser

That sucks. Nothing you can do about it now though 'cept be patient. I had similar experience over christmas with the centerpeice of my gifts. Not a happy camper but no matter how much I called it didn't make 'em drive any faster. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to run a profitable company when things sit in warehouses for days.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Kingo99
Novice

Maybe fate is keeping you away from a train wreck. Don't spin your wheels over something that's out of your control. Carma or poor business practices will take care of them.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

It's not unusual for a company to provide a tracking # and the item hasn't even been picked up by UPS yet. It probably didn't leave Anaheim until Tuesday morning and into the large distribution center in LA. Just hope you get your apes soon.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I'm with ya. I see no reason why full disclosure about how long it will actually take for them to ship is so hard. It is simply expected in most other markets, but for some reason, delays and other mishaps seem to often be the status quo on bike parts, which makes me even more selective now about the companies I do business with.

You would think I would learn...I ordered a fender conversion kit from a company who is about 5 days away from getting railed publicly on here and other bike forums...he has done nothing but lie ands get caught and lie some more the whole time as to the status of my 1k plus, Paid in full months ago order. This company had bad reviews on here but I got sucked in anyway. 1 week from now I will be filing fraud claims with Visa and possibly their local PD on them if I don't have my parts as they just promised (again). Thats how crappy their service is. I for one am not OK with being patient and just waiting out bad service. There is no excuse, unless of course they make it clear it will be delayed.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

perhaps this company had to order the bars from a warehouse or something and wait till they came in.....hence not being shipped to you until 5 business days later?.....and then after UPS has them it's kinda out of the original companies hands at that point.....I dunno...just saying...?

Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 AM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

A lot fo times USPS does not keep up the tracking on packages. I bought a seat off of ebay got the tracking number and kept watching the usps site. It was never updated from being in the warehouse till it showed up on my doorstep.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Ottomanslap
Intermediate

It must so annoying. I would chase it up very closely..ring them twice a day or something. **** them right off! Hope you'll have your fists in the air and knees in the breeze very soon..Ride safe!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 AM
davescreation
Tourer

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
perhaps this company had to order the bars from a warehouse or something and wait till they came in.....hence not being shipped to you until 5 business days later?.....and then after UPS has them it's kinda out of the original companies hands at that point.....I dunno...just saying...?
I didnt order from a 3rd party went direct to the manufacturer the apes were in stock so, i dont know what the deal is

Quick Reply: gotta get it off my chest