General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gotta get it off my chest

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I think that we appreciate learning about good service and products at a decent price. Learning about the lack thereof is just a valuable...why did OP hesitate to name company? John

Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flibuoy
I think that we appreciate learning about good service and products at a decent price. Learning about the lack thereof is just a valuable...why did OP hesitate to name company? John
Absolutely. My money now goes to companies I have heard about on these forums that have good customer service. Heck, I will gladly pay a little more for good customer service and communication.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:13 PM
davescreation
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flibuoy
didnt know if any of the companies employees are members here and my bars might come in messed up didnt want to bash the company till after i got my bars in and everythings cool

Old 01-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Juve996
Road Captain

I know why they delayed the shipment!
They knew you wanted them right away..

Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by davescreation
I didnt order from a 3rd party went direct to the manufacturer the apes were in stock so, i dont know what the deal is
yes I gathered that...but companies don't keep their parts in the same places. They have some for floor displays and then some for the back stock room but a majority of their parts are usually kept in a warehouse. It may show they are in stock because they are...just at their warehouse. How many times have we heard...."yep we got one..we'll bring it in from the warehouse and get it to you right away"- it happens with Trev Deeley here and Steve Drane.....just thinking that's probably what it was.

at any rate...he's to you getting them sooner rather than later.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Pacodelahoya
Cruiser

I feel your pain. I crashed my bike on wet leaves in october. Had all the Harley parts, bags, fender, forks, windshield etc in two weeks. Ordered an after market exhaust, since it was the same price as stock and insurance was paying for it, streetwalker bagpipes. Was told they would ship in one week, took them well over six weeks and emails and phone calls were never answered. Frustrating to say the least, missed out on a couple of the last rides of the year etc. I will say this about the pipes though, the fit and finish, performance and sound are top notch. I went with a sreaming eagle air cleaner and pcv from fuel moto at the same time. Sorry for the drift, good luck, I wish I had put on apes now too, instead of the heritage style.
What bars did u order, make sure to post pics when they are on.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

deleted

Last edited by txfxstrider; 11-08-2010 at 07:34 PM.