General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 CD's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MP3 CD's

Been reading about them here for a couple of weeks. Found out yesterday how to make an MP3 CD. I'm guessing that about 80% of the people in this forum that will use this info already know what they are and how to make & use them. For those that don't an MP3 CD will hold 150-200 songs on one CD and play in your HK radio (if you can get the CD player to work).

No special equipment needed. When burning the cd you burn the mp3 in data CD format as opposed to an audio CD. That simple...

Made three Cd's yesterday with 180 songs per. Now when I travel (assuming I get the HK CD player to function properly) I won't have to listen to the same 12 songs over & over again

Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Default RE: MP3 CD's

I've been looking on Crutchfield's site for a portable MP3 player for the long trips. They appear pretty simple to use.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
IRready
Road Master

My daughter has an I Pod, and I think she can only download I Tunes, which can only be put on a I Pod? Is this right, or can I take songs she has downloaded from I Tunes and put on any MP 3 player? I want to buy one but want to be sure it is compatible since she has 100's of songs bought. THX.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

For those w/o the HK CD player...I bought a Creative Labs Zen Nano (with FM, though I don't need that part) 1 GB MP3 player...it connects to the 05 and earlier AUX terminal on the CD/radio with a standard 1/8" stereo plug/cable)....can hold about 150 - 250 tunes (depends on how you transfer them...128 or 96 bps) and costs a mere C-note! Use it all the time instead of the CD player. You can also pop it off (I clip mine to the windshgield pouch) and use the supplied ear beds if you are just out for a stroll or a park someplace.

Check out that angle....anything larger than 1 GB is usually a hard drive instead of flash memory and they tend to vibrate and skip.

For C-note, you can run MP3s easily!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hummm, the MP3's that I burn on my computer won't do more than 25 songs. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I know they are in an MP3 format.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,794 Likes on 2,068 Posts

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

Hummm, the MP3's that I burn on my computer won't do more than 25 songs.

I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I know they are in an MP3 format.
As stated by alazlo, you have to burn em in data mode.

Not all players will play this type of burn.

mudmode

Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: atrox88

I've been looking on Crutchfield's site for a portable MP3 player for the long trips. They appear pretty simple to use.
I doubt you'll be able to hear it with those pipes. I tried 5 or 6 different types of headsets/earbuds, etc and couldn't hear any of them. I'm told the only type that will work are the studio monitor type that musicians use. They cost about $175 and are custom made. You have to have a mold made of your ears and they make the monitors to fit perfectly.

Link - http://www.earinc.com/p2-music-competition.php

Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Jules
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

When you burn them on your Computer don't use a media player, like windows media player or Musicmatch jukebox, to burn them. Go into My Computer and burn the files like a data CD through there. On that note though I just bought a 20 GB iriver MP3 player on Amazon for $170. It hasn't came in the mail yet but I've used them before and they work pretty good. Just set up a playlist and it'll play all day and never hit the same song twice.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
raftgyde
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

Hummm, the MP3's that I burn on my computer won't do more than 25 songs. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I know they are in an MP3 format.
Do you know what quality you're ripping them from the CD at? My ripper will do 64kbps, 128kbps, 160kbps, and 200kbps. I've seen some MP3s ripped at up to 320kbps. The bigger the number, the higher the quality, but also the bigger the file size of the MP3. Another thing to look at is the file size of your MP3s. You can do this in My Computer or Windows Explorer. An average song ripped at 64-128 kbps will usually run 1-4 MBs in size. If yours are much larger, you can probably decrease the quality setting in your ripping software.

Quick Reply: MP3 CD's