General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Jacket & Jeans and change when I get there....
52.46%
A full riding suit that goes over my clothes...
1.64%
Jacket & chaps over my dress pants...
13.11%
Jacket & dress pants....
22.95%
I just wear a suit with tie flapping in the wind...
9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Riding to work I wear....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Bluerose
Default Riding to work I wear....

I left my van pool and plan on riding in to work 2 to 3 days a week at least. I have a fairly short ride of about 3 miles on surface streets and 15 miles on the freeway.

Fridays are easy because it's casual day and we can wear jeans and a t-shirt. Just wondering what others do when they have to wear Business Casual attire (no jeans) but ride thier bike to work. (I always bring extra shoes and wear my boots)

Old 07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
AcidRayn
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Riding to work I wear....

i see this is kinda geared towards the cubeeee dweller?
im in construction and own my own biz, so riding to work is rare. im in my superduty diesel all day, but
on occasion, i'll have one of the guys drive the truck to the site, then i scoot up behind um

on those days, and i did not see this option, i wear my sponge bob boxer shorts, pink bunny slippers and my
favorite victorias secret lacey bra to match my sponge bobs. )

Old 07-27-2006, 06:14 PM
JW
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: AcidRayn

i did not see this option, i wear my sponge bob boxer shorts, pink bunny slippers and my
on a related note I favor my snoopy red baron boxers on those days

Old 07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Bluerose

im in construction and own my own biz, so riding to work is rare. im in my superduty diesel all day, but
on occasion, i'll have one of the guys drive the truck to the site, then i scoot up behind um

on those days, and i did not see this option, i wear my sponge bob boxer shorts, pink bunny slippers and my
If you showed up at a construction site dressed like that I would love to watch the reaction....do you think you would walk away?

Sadly, I am infact a cube dweller. Last job I had was Jeans everyday but now I'm corporate and have to pretend like I have to look good for someone...I'm just not sure who....

Old 07-27-2006, 06:16 PM
KenM
Road Master

I'd ALMOST pay to see that

Old 07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

whats the high bid?
for the right money, i'd do it

bid's anyone/

o, rose, sorry to hijack your post.

ORIGINAL: KenM

I'd ALMOST pay to see that

Old 07-27-2006, 06:45 PM
06ALULTRA
Road Master

Didn't vote because my business atire is a staff shirt (polo or button down) and jeans is not listed.
Summertime
When I leave @ 4:50am I put on a light jacket over my staff shirt and wear my riding boots all day no issues for me.
wintertime
Leave at the same time dress accordingly upto full face helmet and full leathers
Another question is hair.
I put on a ball cap or hard hat but then again I don't have much hair any way on my head that is. LOL

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Cessna172
Cruiser

Have a 100 mile a day commute, so proper attire selection is critical. Work requires the bus casual mode. So on bike ridin' days, like today, I conciously select darker colors to look meaner and tougher. Can't figure what to do about the damn penny loafers though. Anyone figure how to manage helmet head at the office yet?

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

If you showed up at a construction site dressed like that I would love to watch the reaction....do you think you would walk away?

Sadly, I am infact a cube dweller. Last job I had was Jeans everyday but now I'm corporate and have to pretend like I have to look good for someone...I'm just not sure who....
I say just go ahead and wear jeans! Aren't you in the process of searching for another job anyways?

When I worked in business casual environments (like my last job), the days I would ride I would wear my jeans, jacket and helmet, and get to the office, change into my slacks, golf shirt and regular shoes (although I could get away with my boots for the most part).

I still work in an office, but luckily I'm not in sales or management (or attached to this office in any form. My boss is based in Chicago!), so I can more or less wear what I want. Jeans everyday, but I still wear a golf shirt at least. Don't feel right just wearing a t-shirt to work!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

Perhaps an option for us blue collar folk who wear on the bike to work what they wear on the job at work, which usually means work jeans and a t-shirt.

Quick Reply: Riding to work I wear....