General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

countdown to bike week!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default countdown to bike week!

i am stoked! this time next week me and the gf will be down in florida soaking in the (i hope) sun. i rode down for octoberfest and it took almost 9 hours because of extra stops. but thats 9 hours well spent! i am gonna get to hang with my brother and his girlfriend too. they hooked up a condo on the beach in st. augustine. about 45 minute ride down the A1a with the ocean over your left shoulder into daytona.

all in all a pretty good way to spend a week.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 AM
coiledup
Tourer

I agree I cant wait for it to start already. So much to see and so little time to see it. Have a safe ride, maybe we can get a get together going during the week. I'm sure the Florida crew can point out all the hoppin spots.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are actually thinking of leaving Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning so I can spend Saturday at the AMCA meet in Eustis. Frankly, I am ready to leave now (or could be in 30 minutes or so).

Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

I live here and I am looking forward to it as well. I plan on going an poking around this afternoon just to see who showed up early. PM me if you need any local 411 or 911. Hope everyone has a safe trip down!

Sunrise over the Halifax looking over to the twin span seabreeze bridge.
Manfu

Last edited by C O L E M A N F U; 02-23-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
casper gomez
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
We are actually thinking of leaving Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning so I can spend Saturday at the AMCA meet in Eustis. Frankly, I am ready to leave now (or could be in 30 minutes or so).
well, here's hoping we get decent weather to ride down in. augusta, huh? thats where i grew up. don't get home enough.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM
zagles
Intermediate

I'm ready, after much thought going to trailer the bike down, it will be cold in Augusta Friday morning and the wife will not happy about that. Plans: wash the bike tonight, pack tommorow, put bike on trailer Thursday night, drop daughter off at school Friday morning, get on US 25 and GOOOO!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
JackAce
Advanced

ugh i can't wait either. i live here as well but i still look forward to it, this will be my first year not riding a sportbike and rolling in on a harley. And i always look forward to the races and other entertainment that goes on around this time. lots of good bands playing. lots of cool vendor booths. lots of women in assless chaps lol

Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I think I'm gonna try to head out about lunchtime on Friday. If not, I'll leave Saturday morning. Headed to dad's place just north of Tampa for a day or so, then probably over to Daytona for a bit. If anyone is riding from the Atlanta area, let me know. Might share the road with you for awhile.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
MDStbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leaving from Maryland on Saturday at 0200. Can't wait to get there to just relax and hopefully get some decent weather. Coming down with a group of friends should be good times.
Jim

Old 02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im ready to roll...bikes will be packed tommrow....1 more 24 hr shift at the fd and were on the road..hoping to pull into orlando by midnight friday night...weather isnt looking super but better than the constant snow, salt, and sand covered roads ive delt with since thanksgiving....is it friday yet?

Quick Reply: countdown to bike week!