General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How often you guys changing oil???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Schumacher , that vid was a good one!! Once again guys not trying to start any heavy oil arguments, just seeing how often everyone changes oil. I don't think I know more than the factory but I do come from the school of thought that oil is cheaper than an engine, and more often with get particals and dirty oil. Thanks again for all the replies.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 AM
rkrdr2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
since we're on the subject..........

I've been thinking about getting one of those thingies that goes under yer oil filter so you don't make a mess when you take it off.
They all work about the same?
I know the aluminum foil trick works great...easiest and cleanest thing I found

Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

You guys need the "Presto Changeo" from Romco. Here's how it works. First remove the front fender, the using the 8 grade 8 nuts and bolts attach the "Presto Changeo" to the front frame and front fork assembly. Then assemble the patented oil filter removing device by carefully reading the instruction manual. After a few hours you'll be ready for filter removal. then place the oil drain pan anywhere in the garage according to the manual. At his point there may be some questions, if so there is feel free to call any of the 1-900 numbers listed in the original shipping box. You are now ready to remove the filter. Using the preassembled filter wrench, turn the filter counterclockwise to remove the filter. Note: oil will be spilled from the filter down the front of the motor, motor mount and lower frame assembly. This is normal, as is oil dripping everywhere the catch pan isn't. This kit was designed for the do it yourselfer that feels the need to change his oil often and for no apparent reason.Remember Romco makes it easy.,,