General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wifes first road trip!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Shotglass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wifes first road trip!!!!!

Mywife started riding with me last May, and she has loved it. Next week she is making her first road trip with me, on the bike. W ewill be gone 4 days, I broke it up into fairly short legs the first couple days, but the last one will be a very long day. I hope she still loves riding after this.. She is looking very forward to it, hell I think she is more excited about it then I am, very cool! I waited many years for her to want to ride with me, now it is her saying lets go for a ride. Anyways, I told her she is going to have to pack lite, she pulled out a brand new steam iron, I said you can take it if you dont take any clothes to iron, hahaha. I guess I am gonna be the one taking nothing.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
69z28
Road Warrior

That's cool,my wife's been riding with me since '74 and she loves it.Hot,rain,cold she never complains.Hope yours will enjoy it as much.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Hope you have a great trip! I can't imagine a road trip without my wife. We have had so many great trips over the years. I hope you have the same. The first trip will usually determine how she'll feel about a second trip. (No Iron Butt ride) Also if you're staying in a motel, a lot of the will have steam irons. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Road Trips are wonderful. The huuby and I take a long one every year. We have been to Glacier National Park and all over Montana. Zion national PArk in Utah. Road through Colorado. Rode to Yellowstone National Park. We are not sure of the destination. We usually spend about 9-10 days on the road. We have not killed each other yet in fact it only makes us closer. To be able to have someone to share the road and sights with is a dream come true.

You both have fun. If you want any packing hints PM me. I have become a real pro at it.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Joe477
Tourer

Nice.....my wife loves going on the long trips.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats awesome! My girlfriend and I did her first road trip last year, 6 days in Colorado. She did great and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one. Nothing like riding with your woman!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
kingofsand21
Tourer

Maybe I can take my wife on a short road trip this year if someone will watch our little boy for a couple nights. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good time.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you have a great time, on the long leg, stop often and let her strech her legs, pee, rehydrate, etc. should be fine. My wife's only complaint when she's healthy enough to ride is usually I don't want to stop often enough for her. We have a hand signal system, if she shows me 1 finger, (index) she is going to re-arrange her self in the seat. 2 fingers means pitstop (1 finger (Middle) means I saw you checking out that chick in that car)

Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I was just talking to a guy who started riding within the last year. He & his girl had to go to DC. The morning they were leaving, they debated taking the bike or the car and ended up choosing the bike, a sporty. Two up on their sporty with all their gear loaded on the luggage rack. It rained pretty much the whole way. At one point, looking at a map, they decided on a shorter route down some road in West VA. Unfortunately, the road was completely torn up for construction, but not closed. So it was night, raining and they were on a screwed up road.

After he told me the story, I asked 2 questions - does she still like you? (yes) and will she still ride with you? (yes)

Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe you have forseen the future.. Your stuff to take will be about what you wear.. make sure you have a lot of pockets..everything else will be hers.. every nook and cranny of the the bike will be filled with her stuff and she will stand there looking for more places because she has more stuff.. the weird thing is she will use every bit of the stuff she brings every night.. Don't even think about a trailer, she will fill that up with her stuff.. We rode to the Southwest and stopped at a small Indian Kiosk along the road and she was going to buy this thing as big and as heavy as the kitchen sink.. said we could strap it on top of the tour pack.. Wouldn't go anywhere without her.. she makes the trips fun..

Quick Reply: wifes first road trip!!!!!