General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy from onlinebootstore.com???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone buy from onlinebootstore.com???

Title says it all. Good experiences or bad. Their prices are a little lower than leatherup.com and they have free shipping. Just looking for some feedback before I order.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 PM
MyRide7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone buy from onlinebootstore.com???

I have not purchased from onlinebootstore. BUT I have purchased from Leatherup.com and this was the WORST experience I have ever had from an online purchase!!! My credit card was jacked from this site which was suppose to be secure!! Either an employee used this info to pass on to someone else or it was jacked from the site directly!! Two days later I received what I purchased and all was great!!! THEN a day later my card company called and informed me that they had stopped the card usuage!! Due to several purchases around the east coast for over 25,000.00 dollars and all were approved purchases!! Neadless to say we were not held responsible for the purchases of the 25,000.00 but I was glad that the card company spotted this !! They called back and told me that the "activity originated from leatherup.com purchase! I called this company and spoke to the owner (I guess) and he "assured me he would check into this" I let him know that my card company was as well. I did not hear the outcome!! So be careful!!!!!!!!!

MyRide7

Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Tommy Meisel
Tourer

Can't help you with onlinebootstore, but I did buy a pair of Harley Davidson boots from Vanderbilts at a very nice price, way below what the dealer wanted. They have a large selection too.

Vanderbilts

Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tommy Meisel

Can't help you with onlinebootstore, but I did buy a pair of Harley Davidson boots from Vanderbilts at a very nice price, way below what the dealer wanted. They have a large selection too.

Vanderbilts

Thanks for the tip. They are the same price as onlinebootstore.com for the ones I want. Free shipping with them too. I think I will goe them a try. BTW how long did it take to get yours??

Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

Bought my boots from bootbay.com. Excellent service, fast shipping and great prices

Old 07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Tommy Meisel
Tourer

Monstermile:
I don't remember how long it took, but if it had been too long, I would have remembered that, so I think they were OK on the timing. I got the "Soldier" model, and I really like having the zippers on the side. Never have to untie the darn things, just pull down the zipper and slide them off. I wonder why all shoes and boots aren't like this?

Old 08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: MyRide7

I have not purchased from onlinebootstore. BUT I have purchased from Leatherup.com and this was the WORST experience I have ever had from an online purchase!!! My credit card was jacked from this site which was suppose to be secure!! Either an employee used this info to pass on to someone else or it was jacked from the site directly!! Two days later I received what I purchased and all was great!!! THEN a day later my card company called and informed me that they had stopped the card usuage!! Due to several purchases around the east coast for over 25,000.00 dollars and all were approved purchases!! Neadless to say we were not held responsible for the purchases of the 25,000.00 but I was glad that the card company spotted this !! They called back and told me that the "activity originated from leatherup.com purchase! I called this company and spoke to the owner (I guess) and he "assured me he would check into this" I let him know that my card company was as well. I did not hear the outcome!! So be careful!!!!!!!!!

MyRide7

I have used Leatherup several times, always with good results. You are right sounds like an inside job...Perhaps they found out who it was?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
MyRide7
Tourer

Sctusa,

I never heard the outcome. We ended up closing out the original card Acct. and beginning a new. My products I ordered their all were great, arrived on time good qualitity and price. But what a freeky experience. I am off on a tripp to So. Indianna for several days. I guess most are heading for Stergus. I am riding some twisties thru south central Indianna (Housier National Forest) and SO. Indianna From New Albanny toward Evansville on Hwy 62 etc. Stopping to see MOM !!.....................MyRide7

Old 08-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tommy Meisel

Monstermile:
I don't remember how long it took, but if it had been too long, I would have remembered that, so I think they were OK on the timing. I got the "Soldier" model, and I really like having the zippers on the side. Never have to untie the darn things, just pull down the zipper and slide them off. I wonder why all shoes and boots aren't like this?

Thanks again for the recommendation. Ordered my boots Tuesday night and they arrived yesterday (Thursday). Now that is fast!!!