General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

man i feel soooo good now

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 05:08 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default man i feel soooo good now

dropped the kids off at my moms this afternoon, got o nthe bike figured meh go for a little 15-20 minute putt around the villiage, 2 hours and 100km's later i pull back into my moms driveway. guess its time or that initial oil change and re-torque of all the bolts and fasteners.

didnt have any majors issues my rear pipe kept slipping off the head so gonna pull that off while i am doign the re-torque and see if i can get it more secure. also noticed a little dribble of oil in around the base of the front pushrod tubes, will clean that area real good and see if i can pin point its source. oh and forgot my gloves so i was riding without, man i swear it took 3 hours jus tto warm my hands up a bit still got a bit of a pin ***** like feeling in them.

on a good note i put roughly 1.5 gallons in my stretched 4.2 gallon tank and made it 100km's before i hit the reserve i'd say thats pretty damn good fuel milage. monday after the new battery comes in i'll do the oil change, re-torque and exhuast fix and i should be good to party. oh and pick up a new pair of gloves once i can find a pair in xxxl hahaha

Old 03-13-2010, 05:46 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What was the temperature there?

I know what your saying about the cold hands.....they can take a long time to thaw out.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

about 5 degrees celsius, not sure what that is in farenhiet.

yeah teh yare just starting to haved feeling back in them and losing the prickly sensation to them when i move them

Old 03-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5/C= 41/F......

Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49
5/C= 41/F......
well hell 41 sounds alot warmer then 5, lol

Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear ya got a ride in NSC! I know you've been workin hard on the sporty, aint it good to see it all come together! Maybe some shim stock between the pipe header and head nipple to get a tighter clamp? Pushrod tube O-rings? I'm sure you'll get it right. You didn't come this far by bein a dope! Again, GLAD to hear ya got a ride in finally bro!

BTW, did ya get the tins back yet? Would like to see pics when ya get 'em installed!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:25 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by CroK
Glad to hear ya got a ride in NSC! I know you've been workin hard on the sporty, aint it good to see it all come together! Maybe some shim stock between the pipe header and head nipple to get a tighter clamp? Pushrod tube O-rings? I'm sure you'll get it right. You didn't come this far by bein a dope! Again, GLAD to hear ya got a ride in finally bro!

BTW, did ya get the tins back yet? Would like to see pics when ya get 'em installed!
crok check my build thread bikes complete well still need to replace the batter yand figure out this exhuast issue and now the oil dribble, cant see it beign the pushrod seals they got new ones but i am gonna be de-greasing it and rinsing it down before i change the battery on monday to see if i can pinpoint the oil dribble. as for the exhaust i tried a beer can shim between the head and pipe and it just crumpled and blew out the tail end of the pipe, gonna get some clmaps with more tightening ability and cut an extra coupel of notches in the pipe flange itself see if that helps. if not i'll drill and tap the damn head nipples and run a bolt through the clamp the pipe and into the head LOL

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

Glad to hear it's on the road again Coyote. I'll check the other thread for the photo's. Just in time for the good weather that's upon us.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
yandeltx
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sweet Bike

Great job on your bike, it looks great.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:37 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

His painting is hot!! I told him I would crash if I looked at those girls esp with the tail..

Buy some gloves so your damn hands don't freeze.. I mean NSC you live in cnd not cali..

Quick Reply: man i feel soooo good now