General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I have mine
52.70%
I ordered and am waiting
12.16%
I might get one, not sure
31.08%
Not interested
4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Who has a Carbonfiberhelmet.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Wookalar
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who has a Carbonfiberhelmet.com

I got mine four weeks after ordering it. I can't believe how light it is. Since Indiana is not a helmet state, I only wear it when I wonder into Michigan.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: FBFletch

Just got mine. Had to call them back and get a thinner pad for it to fit correctly. You'll hear a lot of comments about the quick disconnects. Personally, I like a quick disconnect but, the quick disconnects used by ACC are crap. I'm changing mine out with the quick disconnects on my skid lid. Much better quality.
I bought two in April and it took about 3 weeks to arrive (it's the start of their busy season). We both like the DOT helmets a lot but like Fletch said, the straps quick disconnect sucks!

Hey fletch, when you get your snaps all together shoot me over a picture. I'd like to see how you made out.

I'll gladly buy a cheep novelty helmet just so I can steel the buckle of of it and put it onto the Carbon Fiber lid

It's pretty bad that after paying $180 bucks, I have to tweek this thing so I'm comfortible. For $180.00 it should be tweekin me!

On a scale of 1 ta 10, I give it a 9.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:44 PM
TxToy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still have about 10 days left, said the nice lady on the phone. I just called and had them change to D-rings on my order after all the comments I've read about the disconnects. I told the lady that I've read a lot of folks were dissatisfied with disconnects and she agreed she'd heard the same. You'd think they would change them knowing that they don't go over too well.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:29 PM
roady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys and gals, I just recieved my helmet and am not real crazy about it and would be interested in selling it. It is a Blue Candy M/L size and never been worn to ride in just tried on. I know I can send it back for a full refund but with the long wait to get one you could have it now. I will list in the classified or you can PM if interested.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

D-Rings! That's a great idea. You lucky bastid!

ORIGINAL: TxToy

Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still have about 10 days left, said the nice lady on the phone. I just called and had them change to D-rings on my order after all the comments I've read about the disconnects. I told the lady that I've read a lot of folks were dissatisfied with disconnects and she agreed she'd heard the same. You'd think they would change them knowing that they don't go over too well.