Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's been here since the begining, or close?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Who's been here since the begining, or close?

Looking back at some of the earliest posts, I noticed some names I've never seen. And, most of the posts seem to have maybe 5 or 10 replies. Who's been here since this place started and what are your observations? How did you get through the simpler times with few responses, yet still come back and not lose interest? Seems that was the demise of many of the early members.

I've been here for over 4 yrs and have noticed the increase in traffic, but sometimes I wonder if it's just topics getting beat to death. I still enjoy this place, and I do snag a few parts for great prices, but it seems to be in a downward trend these past months. Less informative posts and more ranting and raving.

Yeah, I'm not immune to it, I've had my bad days and fell victim to the meaningless threads myself. But I still enjoy logging on, and I do take the summer off of this place just because I live in a state where the sun shines a few months a yr, so I have to ride my *** off as long as I can..........

Anyways, old timers, post up your take on the evolution of this place we all love to visit. I'd like to hear your stories.

Jon

Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, when was the beginning?

Old 11-16-2010, 04:02 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tpmurray
Well, when was the beginning?
Long, Long ago... before I was banned & we all ran in DOS.... LOL!!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#3829...........been around for awhile,havent gotten banned yet.........i must have missed out on the DOS days here

Old 11-16-2010, 05:45 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There has been a noticeble transformation here in the short time I've been aboard. I think a lot of it has to do with a generation gap. Sometimes, havng something in common like our Harley, may not be enough for some.

I would venture to say that some folks hang out here just to watch the circus.

Having been around for a while on the various internet forums, I've found that one thing that will run members off is disrespect. I've never seen so many inconsiderate people. Although, most of it is just misunderstanding, it's difficult for some to articulate. On the other hand, there are those that will get their BVD's in a bind no matter what, and over nothing.

Most of the time, what I said, what you thought I said, some times can be misconstrued.

For the most part, there are some great people here and I'll be around for a while. Or at least until my Harley blows up.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:14 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

While bikes have changed over the years, motorcycle riders have changed more. The trend seems to be more new riders coming over to the Harley brand and with that many are learning their way around their new bike. I feel this forum helps the most with that process. Yes, there has been a trend lately where some just want to vent but, that's one of the great things about this site, somebody will listen. As the bikes change, we the riders will also have to learn about those changes or whats the sense of owning the best bike on the planet. I still stand by my signature.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
There has been a noticeble transformation here in the short time I've been aboard. I think a lot of it has to do with a generation gap. Sometimes, havng something in common like our Harley, may not be enough for some.

I would venture to say that some folks hang out here just to watch the circus.

Having been around for a while on the various internet forums, I've found that one thing that will run members off is disrespect. I've never seen so many inconsiderate people. Although, most of it is just misunderstanding, it's difficult for some to articulate. On the other hand, there are those that will get their BVD's in a bind no matter what, and over nothing.

Most of the time, what I said, what you thought I said, some times can be misconstrued.

For the most part, there are some great people here and I'll be around for a while. Or at least until my Harley blows up.
Well said.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:16 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

When did this site start?
Been here since 2006.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

I joined here right about the same time as JonnyD but haven't been around consistently.No mystery...There's a broad spectrum of riders here so the knowlege and experience level as well as the content runs from the sublime to the ridiculous.Not a bad thing really as there's a lot of valuable info to be shared and if I ask a dumbass question at least I know I'll have plenty of company

Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'06 for me too, and I also have no idea when the site started up. I do love coming here though, always something interesting to read and even though some of the avatars aren't work friendly, I sneak a peek when I can

Quick Reply: Who's been here since the begining, or close?