General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do after the repo man

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive? My ***, I seek revenge:
Burn ALL her clothing, give away ALL her jewelery. B****e deserves a kick in the c**t, then onto the curb.

Now in all fairness, if a dude pulls a stunt like that, burning and giving away ***** are the same, only difference is a kick in the nuts.

Make it hurts!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,377 Likes on 2,219 Posts

Originally Posted by Deucedog
I read the first couple of pages and was thinking "boy, this sounds familiar". Then I looked at the date. LOL

I'm glad you got it worked out! Welcome back.
I was thinking the same thing. I remember this thread from just after I joined. Nice happy ending. P.S. Don't get ****ing married again! My marriage has some similarities to your story except regarding my bike, I made those payments myself.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,518 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by lmarkie
Hello Everybody,

I am back after about about 3-1/2 years of not having a Harley because I trusted my ex-wife, and I emphasize, "EX-WIFE" to make payments on and it got repossessed. It was a tough "live and "learn", but will never happen again.

After searching for a couple of weeks, yesterday, I went and bought a 2006 Harley-Davidson Street Glide. It's just like my 2006 Road King Custom was resurrected and came back as a Street Glide. The Road King was a nice bike, but after I bought it I thought I would like to have a Street Glide. Now I have one and it's mine and no one can take it away. No payments. Paid cash!

You all have a great day!

Nice bike. Welcome back. Just a FYI, there are good women out there. My wife has been paying the bills for 32 years. If it was up to me I would spend all my money on motorcycles, boats, fast cars, and waste the rest.

I do check our accounts every few months to make sure they are current. When possible I have payment confirmations come to my email.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DGDeuce
I was thinking the same thing. I remember this thread from just after I joined. Nice happy ending. P.S. Don't get ****ing married again!! My marriage has some similarities to your story except regarding my bike, I made those payments myself.
Really bad advice here. I went through two divorces before I found the true love of my life. I would give up everything I own and my own life for her. Happily.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,890 Likes on 4,674 Posts

Wow, crazy story! Your new bike is very nice, but it's too bad you had to go through all of that to get where you are. Something similar happened to me years ago. I make my payments on my truck and bike myself. Those are the only payments I have anymore. No credit cards or other payments, except my mortgage, and thats get paid whether I like it or not.

Ride safe.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:00 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,549 Posts

i didn't read all of these posts, but i always paid the bills in our household. that way i know they are paid. very same thing happen to my brother inlaw. wife paid the bills and started keeping the money instead, then took off. left him 4 months behind in bills. i said it would never happen to me and it hasn't in 35 years.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, welcome back and glad to hear all is well!

Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome back man & congrats on getting rid of your ex & on the new bike!
Went through the same thing with my ex...only it was credit cards which destroyed my credit for a few years. She also ended up getting my Jeep, which sucks 'cause I still miss it.

Glad things are better for ya now! Things are better for me too...met the love of my life & have been very happily married to her for 3 years now & all is good. My current wife worked at a bank for years and is awesome with money and paying bills & I completely trust her. She also keeps me in the loop with everything financially, which is good because she is more responsible with my paycheck than I am, lol

Old 12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very glad it worked out like that. Congratulations on your new bike!

Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Forgive? My ***, I seek revenge:
Burn ALL her clothing, give away ALL her jewelery. B****e deserves a kick in the c**t, then onto the curb.

Now in all fairness, if a dude pulls a stunt like that, burning and giving away ***** are the same, only difference is a kick in the nuts.

Make it hurts!

Quick Reply: What to do after the repo man