General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do after the repo man

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,949 Likes on 4,888 Posts

what does this thread have to do with Harleys, this situation is almost similar to dumb criminals..........

Last edited by SeniorChief56; 12-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr xr
Suggest to her that she has 24hrs to make the bike re-appear....

And get another bike as fast as possible, before your credit gets hammered!
That would be a good idea, if you aren't going to pursue the first bike. I guess it depends on how much you had invested in the bike prior to repo. That would be a hard choice.

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
what does this thread have to do with Harleys, this situation is almost similar to dumb criminals..........
This thread has EVERYTHING to do with Harleys, the OP is trying to figure out how to get his back after his EX let the payments get behind and it was repo'd. Read the first page!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 507 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraEd
I could never understand why anyone lets the other spouse take care of all the bills and not know what they are doing! My wife and I sit down together once a month and take care of all the household bills.
I worked on the road for years,and counted on my wife to take care of the bills, it didnt work out so i no were your comming from been through two wifes now.when you marrie someone it's suppose to be about love an trust. what i have learned in this day and age you trust no one.it's sad to say.
the best thing youc can do is lick your chops and move on. all kinds of 30-40 thosand dollar cycles on ebay etc. for sale cheap. i no you would like to get your bike back but sometimes it's better to just move on.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I could never understand why anyone lets the other spouse take care of all the bills and not know what they are doing!
Yep,,,Big mistake,,,took me all of 1 day to contact my attorney and file for divorce after finding that the savings account was a shame...
We should've had around 18-24K in the savings account from '01 to '06 after I got a big raise and told her to put all the extra $ in savings...nope, just a meesly $1100...

Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 507 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by rodnock
Once a month? Your wife could rob you blind in just one day if she had it all planned out in advance. Not saying your wife would but,it is possible.

Did you ever work in construction and have to travel out of town? I could write a book on the sob stories i heard of wives taking everything from their husbands (including the kids) while they were out of town.
True very true. Been there.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call the lender/HD Credit ASP on Monday.....

Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member

I could never understand why anyone lets the other spouse take care of all the bills and not know what they are doing! My wife and I sit down together once a month and take care of all the household bills.
My wife takes care of all the bills,they seem to get payed off faster .........Although we do talk about them every now and then.She payed our home off in 14 yrs rather then 30 buy paying extra and our toys(boats,bikes/Atvs are all payed for thanks to my wife doing our bills.
I got lucky with a wife that knows how to handle money and I allways seem to have cash in my wallet...

Now my 1st wife of 13yrs was a whole differant story......

Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger56528
My wife takes care of all the bills,they seem to get payed off faster .........Although we do talk about them every now and then.She payed our home off in 14 yrs rather then 30 buy paying extra and our toys(boats,bikes/Atvs are all payed for thanks to my wife doing our bills.
I got lucky with a wife that knows how to handle money and I allways seem to have cash in my wallet...

Sounds like you have a Keeper now!!! Your a Lucky Man...

Old 04-25-2010, 06:21 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rcaddell
You got no phone calls looking for payment? No letters? I missed a car payment years ago and had a letter, a message on my house phone and on my cell phone.

Anyway, yes, call the lender.
That's what I was thinking.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:46 AM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger56528

+1. I've got the identical situation here as well. When we first married I was in the Army, deployed a lot, etc. No way I could handle the finances without them getting all jacked up. She took over and I've never looked back, been well over 20 years now. Bills get paid, toys paid off, perfect credit (hasn't missed or been late on a payment in 20 years). So, it all depends on the person you marry. I was blessed.

To the OP, no real advice to give, seems that some folks with a lot more knowledge than me have already chimed in. Hope it works out for you.

Bill

Quick Reply: What to do after the repo man