General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get "harassed" being part of H.O.G.??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Hogmonger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you get "harassed" being part of H.O.G.??

Holy cow, I really want to join a motorcycle club, main reason . . . . to RIDE and meet people that wanna RIDE! I'm a little concerned though. My boss is in a club and tells me some stuff, if he wears his colors in Oklahoma, he has to be careful, if he wears them in Texas, he better have a will. WTF??? Can't we all just get along???? Is H.O.G. like this?? Do I have to "pack my nine" to go on rides through various states if I wear the H.O.G. logo on my back?? Do I have to worry "hmmm. . . what MC runs this state???" All I want is to find new people to ride with, but not at the extent of risking my life, ya know. Lemme know the repercussions of being part of H.O.G. and wearing the patch, if there are any. Thanks guys!

P.S. I don't own a "nine" or any gun for that matter.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:35 PM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do you get "harassed" being part of H.O.G.??

You don't have to worry about anything like that with HOG. It's not a MC. But if your local HOG chapter is anything like mine good luck finding people who actually ride though

Old 08-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

You get out of a HOG Chapter, what you put in. I don't ride many of the organized rides any more. I do ride with people I met through HOG. It is not a bad organization and I have never had any problems.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master

No one should bother you as a HOG member. Still, you shouldn't wear your HOG 'colors' unless you are on a HOG activity, same as most MC's do- mostly to avoid problems in all reality. And I don't think you actually want to join a MC; I think rather you are looking for a Motorcycle RIDING club. Yes, there is a difference. Yes, it seems silly but there are people that take it seriously.. and you don't need the trouble.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Bear64
Banned

Personally I don't belong to HOG, don't have much use for the local chapter is all..Seems to me you just want a patch on your back!! Go for the HOG then, as long as you don't have a top and bottom rocker on your back with it you will be ok, Most Patch Holders (1%)ers don't pay much attention to HOG members..silly as it sounds to most here, they (1%)ers earn their patch, you buy yours, so they mostly look down on HOG members..but leave the HOG guys alone, unless they get to feeling froggy, then they (1%)ers[sm=biker.gif] may say or do something..

Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
firestar99
Cruiser

Many CLUBS don't put the MC on there colors because it depicts the motorcycle CLUB image. Many just have a organization name with the logo on it. CLUB COLORS usually consist of 3 piece patch sets that will have the MC as a seperate patch. to the right or left of the center logo. the top bar is the club name the bottom bar is the area of the club. 1% have a patch to the opposite side of the logo that the MC is on. Most BIG clubs LIKE HA OL and BAN. have the 1% on the left of the logo and the MC on the right of the logo. A GANG member that takes your colors is commiting the ultimate form of disgrace to you. EVERY GANG member of a MC would die before allowing anyone to take his colors.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
softail2005
Road Captain

I have been a HOG member in Oregon for two years and have never heard of any problems riding in other areas. People honk and wave and treat me great. I don't make a practice of wearing my HOG patches out of state often. I have them on a jean vest that I can put over my leather jacket any time I choose, usually on club events.

My HOG chapter offers lots of fun events almost every weekend. You can do as much or as little as you choose. Very professional group, do a lot of charity work, no drinking allowed on club rides, a class act. HOG chapters are not gangs! They don't chase one another out of each others turfs. Your biggest risk would be running into some Hells Angels, or Outlaws that would take offense while you were riding through Oakland or their home gang turf.

H.O.G. members look out for all other H.O.G. members in all states. They will help you any time any place and will take the time to stop and chat about your chapter and your experiences.

Suggest you join a chapter and find out for yourself. You can quit anytime by just not attending any more meetings. No pressure just lots of fun and sometimes some big savings on parts and clothing at the sponsering dealers.

Lee

Old 08-14-2006, 08:29 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

Never had any problems down in Dallas.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:40 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member

Big difference in Motorcycle Clubs (MC's) and Riding Clubs (RC's). MC's you will have to earn you colors and it becomes a way of life. RC's you send em' a check and they send you your patches.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rcvsmc-edu/index.html

http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/club...cycleclubs.htm

Rick

Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
PSO169
Road Master

I never had any problems with HOG. The 1%'s dont really care, HOG is not the threatening element to them. I had some fun times with the HOG group I used to ride with, and that I will probaly do some rides with in the near future. I ride with Wind & Fire which is a Firefighters group, we just rode and tried to help support the local burn center.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Do you get "harassed" being part of H.O.G.??