General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

baggers with 23 inch front wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:15 PM
hauling_ass
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baggers with 23 inch front wheel

ive been veiwing the site on and off here finally joined , you guys seems like a friendly bunch here , ive seen debates before about the front tire size i recently purchased a road glide just too stock for me i like the 23incher out front but im looking for pics and dimensions such as rake just trying to get an idea of how much to rake it i know the 23s are getting popular and was hoping maybe some guys on here have had experince with this

Old 06-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

If you are interested in raking out the bike with a 23" check out Paul Yaffe. We have had customers run 23" wheels on their Baggers without raking it out so that also is an option. I know you must stiffen up the front end to prevent the fender from hitting the triple trees/crash bars but that is the only modification (besides new fender) some of our customers have done and they claim the bikes still ride good. Others will tell you that the only way to do it right is to rake it so it can be a little bit confusing

Old 06-15-2010, 12:12 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, well try posting a thread about what oil to use or "do these chaps make my butt look big?" and see how freindly we are.

JK...welcome.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Here's a 30"er

Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master
Old 06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Found a link to some raked trees.
Ballistic Cycles
http://www.ballisticcycles.com/store.html

Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM
hauling_ass
5th Gear

i have heard of guys running no rake or trees and running a 23 no disrespect to anyone whos done it but it kinda seems cobbed up to me im still looking to be able to ride it and well i live in pa roads around here are far from great im trying to stay as close to the stock 6.2 trail as possible have been throwing around some numbers but am looking for some possible pics as to what numbers get me where as for the 30" little more extreme for what im after im sure my ******* wil be hurting enough after the 23 and everyhting seems to trickle down after you do one thing u "just have to" do another haha im wondering has anyone heard of anyone re- machining the rake into stock trees i know most are kinda flimsy stock and not alot of "meat " around the stem but ive notcied my glide trees are failrly heavy only reason i as is i work in a machine shop just curiis to if anyone has done this

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
RK El Guapo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definitely look at the KewlMetal Pro Street Kit if I were serious about rocking a larger radius wheel up front. The kit requires a 23" wheel just to be on-target with the trail.

I am saving up for it, and provided the OL doesn't decide she needs the newest, most expensive (insert expensive waste of money item here) I'll have one by winter.

One more thing, hoss. Punctuation is really good for seperating ideas. A run on sentence in text is almost as bad as listening to a teenage girl yakking on the phone. You can understand it if you try really hard. However, by the time you do, you're probably too irritated to give a crap anymore.

Originally Posted by hauling_ass
i have heard of guys running no rake or trees and running a 23 no disrespect to anyone whos done it but it kinda seems cobbed up to me im still looking to be able to ride it and well i live in pa roads around here are far from great im trying to stay as close to the stock 6.2 trail as possible have been throwing around some numbers but am looking for some possible pics as to what numbers get me where as for the 30" little more extreme for what im after im sure my ******* wil be hurting enough after the 23 and everyhting seems to trickle down after you do one thing u "just have to" do another haha im wondering has anyone heard of anyone re- machining the rake into stock trees i know most are kinda flimsy stock and not alot of "meat " around the stem but ive notcied my glide trees are failrly heavy only reason i as is i work in a machine shop just curiis to if anyone has done this

Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
hauling_ass
5th Gear

im not so sure the bolt on kit is my cup of tea ,and to be honest i can **** alot of stuff up for 2300 bucks . i could see where it would be nice though if you were worried about harleys warranty , i howeve am not my roady is old enough and i bought it for the sole purpose to chop the ever living f$ck out of. to each is there own ya know

Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 PM
RK El Guapo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely! I've already spent well over the 2300 just in bits, pieces, and general crap since I got my king. Eventually I'd love to get this kit, but if it would be more economical, I'd be happy to just have the frame chopped and stretched. One way or another, next spring my king won't be the same as it is this summer.

Good Luck and Ride Safe!

Originally Posted by hauling_ass
im not so sure the bolt on kit is my cup of tea ,and to be honest i can **** alot of stuff up for 2300 bucks . i could see where it would be nice though if you were worried about harleys warranty , i howeve am not my roady is old enough and i bought it for the sole purpose to chop the ever living f$ck out of. to each is there own ya know

Quick Reply: baggers with 23 inch front wheel