General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer walk through ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Eight Songs
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer walk through ?

So I should be getting my new HD in the next couple days however I will not be there for the pick up. Will be having a motorcycle shipping company pick it up for me and deliver it to my door as I just cant find the time.( I am 2 hours away from the dealership ) My question is what type of information am I going to miss by not being there in person to do the quick walk around the bike with the dealer ? Is this a must or will I not be missing much ? I am not new to riding but I am new to HD as this is my first...its a 2009 Night Train.

Thanks for your help !

Cheers

Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

You have to pay a shipping company to deliver your new bike to you the dealer won't deliver it?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To each his own, but 2 hours away is way to close to not pick up in person. But second choice would be dealer delivery. I bought my bike 300 miles away and the dealer offered to deliver it to my door no extra charge. But one of the best rides to date was the 300 mile trip back from the dealer. 2 Hours??? thats an afternnon ride man...lol. Enjoy the new ride.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:18 PM
FLHXterp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't find the time to pick it up, when are you going to find the time to ride it?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Mr Haus
Road Warrior

I guess I am confussed. You're buying a new bike... and you can't find the time to go to the dealer to pick it up???

You must not be excited about it then! I would be so excited about it I would get a ride down the night before and sleep at the dealership parking lot until it opened!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

My only problem would be if there was paint damage or something similar and the dealer blamed it on the shipping company, and they blamed it on the dealer. And you got stuck with it.....

Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a bike that was 14 years old and they delivered it to my door at no cost, of course it was the beginning of March and temps were under 30 degrees F but the dealer was 60 miles away. I'd find a new dealer or ride it.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:30 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The OP is Joking, Right??

Can't find the time? He must be "One Impotent Person"

Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Don't believe of word of the post.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Eight Songs
Intermediate
Default Little confused

K...I know it may seem odd that I would not go and get the bike myself however. I am getting it delivered to my door for next to nothing as I know the guy who owns the company who is going to get the bike for me. During the week my time is swamped and the office takes up most of my days and alot of my evenings. So....my plan was to get the bike to my door as soon as I can so that it would be sitting in the garage waiting for me on Saturday morning so I can ride the new bike all weekend. My question was not about delievery it was about what I may miss by not being there for the quick walk through with the dealer. And yes I am excited to get the bike...of course I am, however. This aint my first ride, this is just another bike of many that I have had. Its not like I dont have a bike to ride as I have the Ducati to rip around on. I got over being giddy like a school girl over a new bike after about the 4th or 5th one.

Last edited by Eight Songs; 06-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer walk through ?