General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's one... How many think the CVO bikes are worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:23 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's one... How many think the CVO bikes are worth the money?

I think the CVO is an excellent value when you consider the cost of the 'upgrades' that they put on. I just picked up the Springer and priced some of the standard equipment that comes on that particular bike versus a stock Springer--be it an 06. Just the wheels, which by the way look incredible, are over 2k plus the labor. I know from the past that it costs around 2k for all chrome controls and braided lines. I get a sweet LED backlight that makes the huge tire look oh so mean--about $300 plus labor to get separately. All the little crap adds up on the CVO so in the end you are basically getting a free upgrade on the engine ($???????) and a better resale value. I got MSRP(24,995) plus some labor hours in the future, so it was well worth it for me.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:23 AM
jjbirdboy
Advanced

I demoed one of the Dynas in Rapid City during Sturgis week and it was awesome having all that power and it looked and felt amazing. If money were no object, I'd have two.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:55 AM
jfanton
Road Captain

CV(n)O...

Old 08-30-2006, 04:33 AM
07FLTRO
Advanced

I agree with eddiebo, buy plain dresser and fix it up the way you want and make it yours. Why pay for things you wouldn't do, except they come on the CVO? The HP would be nice, but I think tou can spend less and get more if you trust a good mechanic.
Still glad they didn't offer a 07 FLTR CVO or I probably would of been drooling, trying to justify the money?

Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope. A buddy of mine has an 06 Ultra. It is a sweet bike but there is too many things I would be taking off or swapping out if I had it. I'd rather have an Ultra, get a big bore and add other goodies that I wanted.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm working that question right now. Say the SE Ultra is 10K more. I buy a regular ultra with a 96 and put in ??4-5K to get it to a 110. That leaves me 5K to do more if i want. But the SE does have some other things i would spend the 5K on. Some of the stuff it has is who cares. But, all the stuff, factory stock, warrantys and all, that's a plus . It's more money for sure but in the long run not that far from what i'd end up doing. If you think about re-sale (which i don't care about) it's worth more. If it's important that you have "an SE", which i do just a little but not enough to drive the choice, than it's worth it. For sure there aren't as many out there but still quite a few, i think 3500 a year times 2 years. I the get the 110 motor and other stuff that's stock with no questions factory warranty that makes it a big plus in my way of thinking.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:57 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Limited Production, you know one when you see one. I think they are worth the money.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:38 PM
E.V.
Novice
Default Good analysis Keith H and others... but the SE

Ultras I've seen are marked up 4 grand over msrp. Dealers tell me "its the market price". I know there aren't a ton of them made and the different chrome, gauges.. tour paks etc are very expensive for that reason. The price I see is 14K higher than a standard Ultra. The idea that it holds it's value well makes it palatable I think and the warranty for a "factory" bike is definitely a big plus. SO.. basically after tax etc... you're spending $40,000. SIGH! they are damn nice though.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Hound Dog 1
Advanced
Default RE: Good analysis Keith H and others... but the SE

ORIGINAL: E.V.

Ultras I've seen are marked up 4 grand over msrp. Dealers tell me "its the market price". I know there aren't a ton of them made and the different chrome, gauges.. tour paks etc are very expensive for that reason. The price I see is 14K higher than a standard Ultra. The idea that it holds it's value well makes it palatable I think and the warranty for a "factory" bike is definitely a big plus. SO.. basically after tax etc... you're spending $40,000. SIGH! they are damn nice though.
Where is this happening? That's ludicrous. I'd definitely shop around, because no one should be buying a Harley above MSRP.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

SE Ultras are available at MSRP, shop around. Type in 2007 SE Ultra, dealers are on the net advertising for MSRP. My dealer started out asking 1000 or 1500 over, they always start out with what they want.

Quick Reply: Here's one... How many think the CVO bikes are worth the money?