General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posting interesting topics on HDF is pointless

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Dope Man I don't believe I approved your post. Please go back and edit it.
Thanks!

Tuff, I am not a new member

Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

vs World while I understand your frustration, I do not share it. (it is an HD Forum for goodness sake)

Thank you for one of the more entertaining threads this week!

I had a great ride yesterday, very hot rolling Vegas mid-day but a long enjoyable day followed up with some of the best BBQ in AZ and a car show on the way home. Was eying a redhead but the wife said no so not quite as good as another member. Also let the dogs out very early and stared up at the desert sky. Maybe that's why a few argumentative threads going nowhere disappearing don't bother me.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Vs. lemme give you some insight. From what I have learned about this forum, if everyone could remain civilized, and refrain from name calling, and low blows, the thread lives. If not, it gets taken care of. We are not paying to use this forum, so the folks that run it can do whatever it is that they see fit. This is not a democracy, This is a moderated forum. Kinda like a town-hall meeting with lots of security. So, you are right, if you don't like it, go away.
so 'bikers' get their panties in a bunch if someone they never meet insults them in an online forum (see: oft used 'keyboard commando' comments). This must be more of that twisted version of 'respect' you learned from the mc's on your recent trip (note: nobody bother looking up this reference - that thread was deleted)

this is not like a town-hall meeting, there is no threat of violence or disruption by dissenters - at a keystroke violators can be silenced by the mods, or lock the thread so at least those who were engaged can see what happened and why re-posting it (2, 3, 4 times) would be pointless. Deleting threads completely is a little like 'body snatchers' - they're just gone, and don't anyone dare ask what happened

Originally Posted by John TN
This forum isn't for everyone, sorry you're not happy here, still you did agree to our terms at your registration. We try to let these forums run on their own as much as possible, but we do have rules and when folks are hellbent on breaking them we step in, just like you would do if there was trouble stirred up at your house, you do have stuff you allow and don't allow at your house right?
Yes, just bringing this up for discussion - but I actually figured it would survive for as long as an hour before

[user banned]

I will now follow the fashion threads closely to ensure that I fit in with everyone else while riding free. Thank you for the latitude from the mods - no disrespect to your house, just wanted to make sure I was in the minority on this one and I clearly am.

Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum...

Old 08-15-2010, 11:21 AM
ev780
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

If you can't take a little **** then......

Attached Thumbnails Posting interesting topics on HDF is pointless-images.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 11:57 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked back through some of your recent posts, I see where this post came from now,,,, two things Terry1955 doesn't allow and that's 1% bashing and LEO bashing, most threads that encompass either one of these subjects end up locked or removed most of the time.

As an LEO you should be more than aware of rules and regulations that you have to enforce that folks don't like you doing so, it's no different here.

14. Moderators and Administrators have final word in anything and everything. If you have a problem or a complaint direct it to them, not to the general forums. They will then take the appropriate actions. This applies to issues with the forum in general, as well as issues with other members. Do not attack a Moderator or an Admin on the open forum. If your thread or post is pulled by a Moderator/Admin do not start another thread or post on the same topic. Violation of this rule may cause immediate banning from HDForums. If you have a problem with a Moderator then you need to work it out with them via pm's, email or contact an Admin.

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
so 'bikers' get their panties in a bunch if someone they never meet insults them in an online forum (see: oft used 'keyboard commando' comments). This must be more of that twisted version of 'respect' you learned from the mc's on your recent trip (note: nobody bother looking up this reference - that thread was deleted)

this is not like a town-hall meeting, there is no threat of violence or disruption by dissenters - at a keystroke violators can be silenced by the mods, or lock the thread so at least those who were engaged can see what happened and why re-posting it (2, 3, 4 times) would be pointless. Deleting threads completely is a little like 'body snatchers' - they're just gone, and don't anyone dare ask what happened

Yes, just bringing this up for discussion - but I actually figured it would survive for as long as an hour before

[user banned]

I will now follow the fashion threads closely to ensure that I fit in with everyone else while riding free. Thank you for the latitude from the mods - no disrespect to your house, just wanted to make sure I was in the minority on this one and I clearly am.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish it wasn't so hot, I'd go ride'n.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
This must be more of that twisted version of 'respect' you learned from the mc's on your recent trip (note: nobody bother looking up this reference - that thread was deleted)
I'm confused by this...please elaborate. To my knowledge, T-Dub and I weren't hangin with any MC's during Sturgis.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VsTheWorld................very apt handle

Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is pointless at this point so I'm going to point it done!