General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deal's Gap Labor Day Blast

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 AM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 652 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Deal's Gap Labor Day Weekend Blast

Deals Gap was a happening place yesterday (Sun Sep 5) with the Labor Day biker crowd out in full force. The place was PACKED. We pulled in to chill and rest before taking the Dragon back to the Interstate and home. Cops were having a field day running back and forth chasing young men on rice rockets. I chuckled when I overheard an old HD guy with a gray goatee and a head wrap asked this young European guy with a Swartzenegger accent and a full leather F1-type race suit "son, what's that there funny-lookin' hump thang on the back of yer suit fer?" ROFLMA. EGlides and Fatboys mixed in with Ducatis and Ninja's, all in a Mexican standoff ripping up and down the Dragon. On the Dragon we got about half way and sure enough, in the rearview here comes a kid on some rice rocket around our group of 4 Glides hauling @$$ - pulls out to pass me, crosses the yellow on a blind turn, winding that sucker out to redline, and BARELY missed an oncoming bike, ducking in front of me with a sheet-of-paper clearance with my front fender. He'll make the "Tree Of Shame" someday for sure, the little bu++h@le. I love that place

Last edited by panheadache; 09-08-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous! Had to work this weekend..... Glad you had a good time!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Was up there Friday and the cops were pretty cool. Of course the traffic was much less too. One cop was pulled over with killboy chewing the fat. Beautiful weather, great road. Only problem was the truck with flatbed trailer we got behind who was dropping rocks and gravel or kicking it up on every curve. He was across the yellow on almost every curve. Glad you enjoyed the day.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by panheadache
Deals Gap was a happening place yesterday (Sun Sep 5) with the Labor Day biker crowd out in full force. The place was PACKED. We pulled in to chill and rest before taking the Dragon back to the Interstate and home. Cops were having a field day running back and forth chasing young men on rice rockets. I chuckled when I overheard an old HD guy with a gray goatee and a head wrap asked this young European guy with a Swartzenegger accent and a full leather F1-type race suit "son, what's that there funny-lookin' hump thang on the back of yer suit fer?" ROFLMA. EGlides and Fatboys mixed in with Ducatis and Ninja's, all in a Mexican standoff ripping up and down the Dragon. I love it. On the Dragon we got about half way and sure enough, in the rearview here comes a kid on some rice rocket around our group of 4 Glides hauling @$$ - pulls out to pass me, crosses the yellow on a blind turn, winding that sucker out to redline, and BARELY missed an oncoming bike, ducking in front of me with a sheet-of-paper clearance with my front fender. He'll make the "Tree Of Shame" someday for sure, the little bu++h@le. I love that place
The only time for me on the Dragon is a weekday and preferably early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Positively not on most any Friday, Sat, Sun or holiday weekend. Hard to "rip up and down the Dragon" with wall to wall Harleys, sport bikes, Gold Wings, Motards and a load of LEO's. I love the place too, just not on the days when every one else is loving the place as well, dragging the pace down to not even half it's 30 mph speed limit.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 AM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 652 Likes on 318 Posts

Yeah, I'm too old for "rippin'" myself, but there were certainly lot's of other people doing it. I'll bet a weekday is fun, but I do enjoy people/bike watching when they all come together...

Last edited by panheadache; 09-08-2010 at 10:55 AM.