General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this MC talk...(kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:42 PM
booger 18
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in your situation before. bunch off us 82nd vets wanted to wear 3 patches that said " 82nd Airborne on top, with the 82nd patch in middle, and Rhode island on bottom...Talk to a local 81 at a bike blessing and he understood the idea but NIXED the bottom rocker and said no m/c patch....I didn't feel out of place to ask..no problems....

Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't bother with it , you don't need the trouble that will eventually come your way. IMO only start an MC if you're willing to die or kill for it. the vast majority of us aren't willing to do either (myself included) so we should stay out of that sandbox. when i lived in brooklyn my friends and i didn't go claiming a set and sporting colors either.

that doesn't mean you can't have riding buddies, raise a little hell etc... it just means no reason to go slapping a patch on your back and calling yourself the "demons satans" or something.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good greif, Isnt this America the free. Why would anybody have to ask permission for any kinda of patch. Fck them monkey brains. Do what you want. No one should ever have to ask anybody for permission for just a dam patch.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.rcvsmc.net

... This site is designed to help future members of the Motorcycle community with information that will assist in bringing a respectful understanding of motorcycling organizations.

I found it on a clubs site that I am thinking about joining and it's full of great info. There's a link on the left about starting your own MC....everything you need to know.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master

I know a lot of outlaws......avoid the patch n youll be fine.....why risk pissing off an MC (usualy 1%ers) when as you said you are havin fun and doing your thing? If u wanna start your own club cool too just don't claim a state on the bottom rocker.... at the very least if you want a bottom rocker make it the city of choice and as long as theres no local clubs in your town you prob be fine......trust me the hard core clubs know if your like minded and a turf threat and if they challenge you on it then speak your peace carefully and go from there.......as long as you dont represent an arch enemy club or threaten the turf by stepping on their revenue I doubt you will have problems........hell they may even ask you to join......if your faith allows and you wanna organize for charitable good seek out your local hog or even christian mc club and have fun....good luck either way. You dont have to be in a MC to enjoy organized rides with like minded others in fact ....most MC's will tell you from historical fact that it all starts off as fun and turns into a business that eventualy becomes bigger than the sum of it's members.... and all in all the brotherhood usualy takes a back seat to all the other bs that comes with it......as in life when fun becomes work it aint fun no more its ****ing work. Peace!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you dont need permission to have a patch or anything else on your jacket this is the land of the free.. you just have to be bad enough to stand up to who ever has a problem with it.. you are better off playing nice with the big boys..

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,965 Likes on 17,492 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
Good greif, Isnt this America the free. Why would anybody have to ask permission for any kinda of patch. Fck them monkey brains. Do what you want. No one should ever have to ask anybody for permission for just a dam patch.

You my friend shouldn't breed and need to be riding a goldwing with that kind of mentality you may live longer . Good for you if the world you live is that cozy but it isn't the real one . There are very different levels of riders and there are rules as much as most want to deny that little fact . Old school groups ignore most crap but there are a few things outsiders don't do .

Some of the more staunch supporters of the old school way of doing things will take a dim view of dipshits not paying attention to said rules , it can hurt seen it happen .

PS : I would really like a ring side seat if you ever decide to explain your point of view to certain clubs should be a truly enlightening debate .

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
"Should" has nothing to do with it - the wrong type of patch may very well lead to some trouble. On the other hand, most people who post here seem to spend their lives worrying that they might make some "real biker" mad, so I'd also take their hysterical posts with a grain of salt.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
TW
Road Master

Whether or not form an MC depends pretty much on what type of person you are. Having fun with your friends on weekends is one thing, rocking a 3-piece with the "MC" block is yet another. You are talking about commitment- not just to your own club, but to the others you will be supporting and whose support you should want to receive. The same goes for respect. You'll hopefully earn back the same as you give out. You've done right by thinking you need to talk to the dominant MC. That could very well help you in the future if you decide to go forward. The people telling you to wear what you want WHERE you want are the ones that most likely, don't have a clue. Remember- you should not only be concerned about yourself, but the welfare of your prospective "Brothers". Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Three piece patch can bring attention. A riding club patch just gets seen. Like others have said stay away from support patches unless you are prepared to deal with issues. Form your riding club or join a riding club but they all have rules. Rules sometimes suck.

Quick Reply: All this MC talk...(kinda long)