General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 AM
1peter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C&C Seats

I recently purchased a C&C Sport Tour sea for my 2009 Harley Softail Standard through a company called American Side Road Cycles. I received the seat a couple of weeks ago and although i am very happy with the service and the quality of the seat, there is a fitting issue with it. There are two problems, one is that once i put the seat in place, the chrome lug at the rear of the seat, which bolts to the guard, sits about an inch above the guard and i have to put downward pressure on the seat to bolt it on. Also, the chrome lug is mounted too far forward on the seat (towards the front of the bike). It is only very slightly wrong but it means i have to push the seat very firmly forward and then down to fit it, then, when i look under the passenger seat there is a slight bow in the base of the seat. eg; I can see that the seat is not sitting down on the guard properly. Has anyone else had fitting issues like this with C&C seats ??

Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

The rear mounting tab on my C&C had too much downward angle when I received it. So much that if I tightened down the mounting screw the back of the tab would actually make contact with the fender paint.

Chuck said to CAREFULLY bend the tab up while supporting the mounting plate underneath with a piece of wood. That worked out fine and the seat fits perfectly. I am confident that if I damaged the seat performing the adjustment, Chuck would have done the right thing.

Since you purchased the seat from a location other than C&C directly, you may want to call Chuck for some advise straight from the guy who builds them.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
1peter
Tourer

Interesting, when i first received my seat i had the same problem and was going to bend the tab but i persisted in pushing the seat forward more (with a struggle) and the tab then sat flat. As i said, the problem i have is that the tab has been mounted to far forward + the seat does not seem to fit the shape of the guard properly. It's a bit hard to get Chuck to fix it when i live in Australia. I am thinking about elongating the hole in the tab a fraction but i am wondering if that would cause it to rust, because it will take the chrome off it ?? I have sent chuck an email so hopefully i will get a reply. Thanks for your feedback.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the C&C lopro solo and it fit perfect out of the box.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a two-up C & C "sport touring" seat on my 89 Softail. I don't recall any fitment issues and it was probably the most comfortable seat I've had on a bike. But my Softail is set-up as a stipped down bobber style of bike and the two-up set looked odd on it, so I took it off.

The customer service was great, They e-mailed me different colors of red stitching to choose from for the inlayed flames on it.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:55 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1peter
It's a bit hard to get Chuck to fix it when i live in Australia.
Get your location entered so it shows up in your posts...It'll save some bandwidth

Old 09-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My Sport Tour takes a little 'nudge' too

to fit. The seat does come in contact with part of the saddlebag guard but only lightly. The seat fits tighter than the stock one but as long as it doesn't rub any painted surface, you're good to go.

Attached Thumbnails C&C Seats-new-seat-004.jpg  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 AM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer

I have no experience with C&C seats . But if you make the mounting hole longer and are worried about it rusting , a good trick is to use your wife or girlfriends clear nail polish and just seal the area where you removed the chrome . It won't show and will keep it well sealed .

Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
1peter
Tourer

I have put the seat on and off a dozen times now and although it's a bit of struggle, as long as i push the seat firmly forward i can get the mounting bolt through the lug and into the guard so I'll leave the lug as is. The problem seems to be that the seat is resting on the ECM to some degree and is causing the seat to sit up at the back probably about 1/4 inches. I have to use firm thumb pressure to push the lug down to attach it to the guard, which makes me a bit concerned about the 2 rivets that hold the lug to the seat loosening up over time because of the constant upward pressure on the lug.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 AM
1peter
Tourer

Well the ECM is not the problem either, I am now thinking that the front lug on the seat is catching and stopping the seat from sitting flush at the back ?? Has anyone else got one of theses seats on a 200 rear end bike. I thought C&C seats were supposed to fit perfectly, but i am having no luck with mine.

Quick Reply: C&C Seats