General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Central NJ/Eastern PA Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Question for Central NJ/Eastern PA Owners

I need to bring my bike in for 1,000 service. I purchased it at HD of Ocean County but want to make sure I am getting quality service for my ~$300. My options are Ocean County, Brians in Langhorne or I could bring it to the INdy that bought out Mills HD. I think I would prefer a MoCo shop for the first service but really just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for and that my bike is taken care of properly.

Any recommendations?

Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my bike has had all its work done by brians from the previous owner. i will be using ocean county for service though. i heard a lot of bad things about brians and after touring their shop, it didnt seem all that impressive. the few guys i talked to at ocean county seemed pretty knowledgeable

Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,494 Likes on 2,483 Posts

$300??!! Most of the dealers around here GIVE you the first service!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Shags
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the indy at mills old place. Good people. Definitely recommend them.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Shags
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dickey
$300??!! Most of the dealers around here GIVE you the first service!
My first bike i got was at Mills and they gave me the first service free. Bought the Streetbob at ocean county and they said nope.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
tcatnat
Road Master

I wasn't able to get the free service from Ocean County but they did give me $1k off the price of the bike. As for the $300; I am just quoting what others have posted here. I have seen people post anywhere from $260 - $310 for the first service. I want to make my appointment this week so I need to make a decision quick.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its $250 at ocean county for the service i believe. my dad had a bad tire on his new 2010 wide glide and ocean county was about 4 or 5 days back logged with appointments. if you wanna get it done this week, better call them now. dad got $1600 off his wide glide at ocean county but again no free 1000 mile service.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by tcatnat
I need to bring my bike in for 1,000 service. I purchased it at HD of Ocean County but want to make sure I am getting quality service for my ~$300. My options are Ocean County, Brians in Langhorne or I could bring it to the INdy that bought out Mills HD. I think I would prefer a MoCo shop for the first service but really just want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for and that my bike is taken care of properly.

Any recommendations?
What Indy bought out Mills??? Ocean Co. service is not so great,from what I heard.Brian's I used once, & it's not great also.I would rather use a private Indy myself.You have a few good ones in the area.I like Dave @ JD's Cycleworks myself.He built my engine, & bike runs great.He serviced the bike too for adjustments & fluid changes.You can also use Larry of Larry's Hot Rods & Harley's or his Uncle at Simons Performance!!! All of them are in Pa.!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 PM
tcatnat
Road Master

I am not sure of the specifics behind Mils closing/sold/bought, it is now M&G Motorcycle Service. I'm going to give them a call.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
houndawgg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kh24
its $250 at ocean county for the service i believe. my dad had a bad tire on his new 2010 wide glide and ocean county was about 4 or 5 days back logged with appointments. if you wanna get it done this week, better call them now.
OC is tons better than Long Branch Harley for timely service, and like all dealers, summer is nuts.
A few of my riding buds that had issues, and bought their bikes from LB Harley, brought them to OC Harley, because of six week waiting quotes.
I brought my Dyna's rear wheel in for a tire change, because the indy that was suppose to do it, had compressor problems that day. OC did it right away and I was in & out of there, within two hours, because of lunch hour.

Quick Reply: Question for Central NJ/Eastern PA Owners