General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO Motorcycle Transport Company

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 01:15 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ISO Motorcycle Transport Company

My buddy and I are riding Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles. We need the bikes shipped from Orlando, FL to Milwaukee, WI. Before anyone starts with the why not ride comments, we only have two weeks for our trip so we must ship. Shiply and Uship are brokers and we received 30 plus quotes. Has anyone used one of the transport companies from Shiply or Uship and received great service and on time delivery?

Old 04-22-2024, 03:34 PM
WS6_Keith
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

Have not received the bike we just bought yet (should be here this week), but we used: Motorcycle Shippers

Old 04-23-2024, 03:03 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I used uship in the past. Only piece of advice I can give is validate what type of vehicle they’re going to deliver the motorcycle in. Mine was delivered in a van and was tipped on the side with moving blankets padding it. Thankfully, no damage.

Old 04-23-2024, 04:14 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior

Received 977 Likes on 504 Posts
Cool

I had good luck with "Haul Bikes". They were recommended on this forum. You just to plan really far ahead. I didn't need them to be there for a vacation. Where you have them dropped off at is important too. They picked mine up from a Harley Dealership where I was having them stored. Then two months later they delivered them out to the Southwest desert about 60 miles from Las Vegas. Vegas was a choice as there was a big motorcycle auction out there, but they drove the extra 60 miles for no charge.

Also...Me and a Bro once rented a Ryder truck for a vacation. We drove the bikes out of Chicago to the desert in early spring. Yes, along Route 66 or what is left of it... Camping as we went along and sleeping in the back of the truck. We dropped off the truck and rode our bikes the rest of the way. What an awesome trip that was!

Last edited by SirHarley; 04-23-2024 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:38 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,931 Likes on 2,569 Posts

I agree with Haulbikes, used them to ship my Flathead to Tennessee, zero issues.

We shipped bikes home from Sturgis last year, used a smaller Owner/Operator outfit. The guy I talked to on the phone was the same guy I turned the bike over to in Keystone. He owned all three trucks and drove one of them. But he only does NH to the Rallys. But the point is, stay away from the brokers. Good luck, Route 66 is worth the effort.

The beginning in Chicago is right downtown, I had to grab my picture while on foot. Funny thing, on one block the sign that says BEGIN, go around the block and their is a sign that says END!!!! Good stuff, enjoy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Architect:
Crazy (04-24-2024), RK4ME (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 07:59 AM
Paintslinger16
Road Warrior
Received 1,448 Likes on 616 Posts

I shipped my hot rod from NNY to Milwaukee last summer using Uship, worked out well for me, the Broker that I chose was Montway. And while the initial carrier backed out, Montway set up another one in 24 hours, you can’t control who the drivers are but Montway did fix the problem and the delay was only minor issue.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:27 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

i have taken that ride almost 10 times enjoy the ride and be ready for anything when it comes to weather

Old 04-24-2024, 09:06 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,931 Likes on 2,569 Posts

I used Federal about 7 years ago, shipping my bike to and from Salt Lake City from NY. Damaged the bike in both directions then fought me for months. The shipper damaged the bike, but Federal is the broker, so it went through shipper who was self insured. Total hassle and took about 4 months before I got the right check. I mailed back the first check as it was for less than half of the estimate. It then took another 8 months before the bike was back to her original condition. Federal was almost useless through the process, they agreed with me but "what can we do" was their response.

I believe the shipping company was STI. I was getting nowhere with their claims adjuster. I went on their website to find a Contact higher up the food chain, well they have a CEO and Board of Directors and everyone had an email address. I sent the issue with pictures to the entire BOD and CEO. Some VP got back to me in 12 hours, I had the full value check in my hands a week after the email blast. It didn't need to get that crazy, but they pushed.

Moral of the story, only use people that own their own trucks and the drivers are their employees or the Owner, good luck.

Old 04-24-2024, 06:34 PM
67Shuv
Road Master

Received 386 Likes on 242 Posts

I’ve used haul bikes recently. Bought a bike in November and didn’t see it until February after being told a 3 week delivery. Showed up with a dead battery and some new pinstripes. I’ll do a fly and ride or trailer myself etc in the future. I was not pleased with them.

The following users liked this post:
Oko (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 07:37 PM
Hades02
Tourer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Shuv
I’ve used haul bikes recently. Bought a bike in November and didn’t see it until February after being told a 3 week delivery. Showed up with a dead battery and some new pinstripes. I’ll do a fly and ride or trailer myself etc in the future. I was not pleased with them.
Yeah, Haul bikes is the one to use if you are not in a hurry. Takes months.