General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What, no major complaints on VRSC Models?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My brother has his since 2 years now, and couldn't be happier. It's a Harley, it's fast AND it's reliable. What else could one ask for? The looks aren't really my cup of tea, but to each his own.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

Riding position can be a problem for some riders. I am fine with it, but have heard several complaints about it.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 PM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

V-Rod Muscle

Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
What would everyone think the reasons for the lack of major issues and complaint on the VRSC Models?
There is an VRSC section here on this forum. Have you thought to ask them?https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vrsc-models-8/
Or maybe these guys?
http://www.1130cc.com/
Or these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke4uD...1&feature=fvwp
But? Can it outrun my UltraRat?

Attached Thumbnails What, no major complaints on VRSC Models?-07.jpg  

Last edited by OLD 96; 10-31-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:14 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Not sure why there are few complaints, but I think putting forward controls on a sport bike shows how clueless Harley designers are.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My thoughts are "if they sold more of them, there would be more complaints".

Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Not sure why there are few complaints, but I think putting forward controls on a sport bike shows how clueless Harley designers are.
The XR 1200 doesn't have forward controls....unless you are thinking it's a cruiser and the V Rod is the sport bike. I agree somewhat with the styling remark, I'm not sure why they needed those hokey "vortex generators" to get the air to flow through the over sized radiator, wouldn't a small fan PULL the air through the radiator?!

When I did the HD demo rides last year I rode some new Harleys that were a lot less impressive than the V Rod. The V Rod is different but not a bad bike, and it's fun to ride too. It would be nice to see a different handlebar on the V Rod Muscle. It's funny to see how Harley guys get all uncomfortable around new technology. ABS...OK, water cooling that maintains consistent engine temperature that makes more consistent/precise fuel/air metering possible & prolongs engine life...NO WAY. not me...besides it doesn't go potato, potato, potato. Wait a minute...neither did any of the other new bikes I rode.

Tech23

Old 10-31-2010, 03:26 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

They had a version with mid controls but that was 3-5 years ago. I guess the parts are out there to switch them to kids if you wanted to. I think they are a good ride and I like the styling too.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are designed toward a different market, and (at least around here) you just don't see that many on the road.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech23
It's funny to see how Harley guys get all uncomfortable around new technology. ABS...OK, water cooling that maintains consistent engine temperature that makes more consistent/precise fuel/air metering possible & prolongs engine life...NO WAY. not me...besides it doesn't go potato, potato, potato. Wait a minute...neither did any of the other new bikes I rode.

Tech23
it's really because it's just more stuff to break. your base carb'd harley is very simple to troubleshoot and fix yourself with a basic tool kit. it's one reason why i prefer a carb over efi, and air cooled over liquid cooled etc... we all know the advantages of efi over a carb, and liquid cooled over air cooled. but when it comes time to fix efi and liquid cooled engines it's adding a complexity i don't want to deal with. i'm busy and i don't have time to re-learn new technologies to repair my bike, i don't do it for a living.

Quick Reply: What, no major complaints on VRSC Models?