General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saggy Bags for Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Bob White
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saggy Bags for Heritage Softail

Just picked up a Got Saggy Bags restoration kit at my local dealer. I installed it, what a difference. My bags were really in bad shape and the kit brought them back to a perfect shape. Well worth the money. My buddy bought a kit from Leather Lid Inserts. The parts looked like somebody cut em out with a knife. Wasted bucks! The kit didn't work. Now he's getting the Got Saggy Bags kit. Check them out at www.gotsaggybags.com.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We wouldn't be a shameless self-promoter now would we..hhmmm!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are nice....have had them for several years.....dont abuse....remove before washing...i use a can of silicone seal before a tour...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain

I put the Leather lid inserts in my bags They was tough to install but i have been happy with them otherwise. Stiffining the bags really make them look nice.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain

My 'Ol Lady has "Saggy Bags", but she just tucks'em in under her belt. That way that way they don`t flop around so bad......

Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

Saggy bags get sit on alot by older gentlemen.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,018 Likes on 1,745 Posts

I installed them several years ago on my bike. They made a huge difference. I wish I would have installed them when the bike was new, the installation would have been much easier since there would have little, if any shrinkage of the leather.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lockman
We wouldn't be a shameless self-promoter now would we..hhmmm!
Yeah, pretty unusual for a first post, huh?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM
xstortionist
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut throat business?

Originally Posted by Bob White
Just picked up a Got Saggy Bags restoration kit at my local dealer. I installed it, what a difference. My bags were really in bad shape and the kit brought them back to a perfect shape. Well worth the money. My buddy bought a kit from Leather Lid Inserts. The parts looked like somebody cut em out with a knife. Wasted bucks! The kit didn't work. Now he's getting the Got Saggy Bags kit. Check them out at www.gotsaggybags.com.
This looks like self promotion to me and shouldn't be tolerated here at the HD Forums. Sir, This makes your business look bad.

I just went to both of the web site and I see no difference between your kits besides Got Saggy Bags has a flat lid and Leather Lid Inserts has a curved lid. The things that go in the actual saddlebag looks exactly the same for both kits. I doubt that a company would sit there and cut their products out with a knife...doesn't make much sense to do that.

I see these posts at least once a month promoting Got Saggy Bags and I'm sick and tired of it. Why can't you guys be like any other business and pay for your advertising? I tell you one thing...I'll never suggest your product to anyone.

Someone should ban the IP associated with the user so they can't come back and keep promoting their worthless business.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,273 Likes on 1,500 Posts

Yeah but for almost 200 you get the deluxe version that includes a cup holder!. Wow! I may have to buy some bags just so I can buy this kit too

Quick Reply: Saggy Bags for Heritage Softail