Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Tires (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/596824-tires.html)

PktChg 01-04-2011 02:28 PM

Tires

Needing to get a rear tire for the bike and looking for the cheapest deal. Been looking for a few days and seen some good deals but wanted to throw it out here.....do you know of an obscure website that is notorious for being the cheapest on tires? I've pretty much settled on Jake Wilson, who I used last time but wanted to make sure I'm saving every penny I can.

Turbo Flux 01-04-2011 02:38 PM

Everything you have is riding on two tires. Not really in my mind a place to cut back. Seems that even if you get a high quality tires + shipping you might as well get one from a local dealer.

Booey424 01-04-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Flux (Post 7738933)
Everything you have is riding on two tires. Not really in my mind a place to cut back. Seems that even if you get a high quality tires + shipping you might as well get one from a local dealer.

+1 here. I personally wouldn't skimp on tires. I have replaced the rear tire 2 times. Once from wear and once from damage and both times I bought them from the dealer. They are made by Dunlop, but they are engineered for Harley Davidson.

rh8234 01-04-2011 02:53 PM

I did not think the OP was asking about the cheapest BRAND, but the cheapest SOURCE for tires. I have found that J&P can be reasonable, especially if you wait for one of their 10 or 15 percent off sales. I have gotten Avon venoms from them and was pleased with the price. Also, a couple of the HD dealers locally offer up to 20% off a couple times a year and if you want Dunlops, that ain't a bad deal. One local dealer offers 20% off on Dunlops all the time if you have them do the installation. I do my own installation, so I just wait for a 20% off sale and pick them up then. I've got a couple in the garage now waiting for a warm to so I can put them on.

oct1949 01-04-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by PktChg (Post 7738900)
Needing to get a rear tire for the bike and looking for the cheapest deal. Been looking for a few days and seen some good deals but wanted to throw it out here.....do you know of an obscure website that is notorious for being the cheapest on tires? I've pretty much settled on Jake Wilson, who I used last time but wanted to make sure I'm saving every penny I can.

-------------------------------------

Dennis Kirk for me has always beat or matched the others and his service is great..

used him soley for tires and other stuff for 3yrs now and I don't like usually to order stuff....

rpbrown 01-04-2011 03:39 PM

You being in Plano, the least expensive I have found locally is at Bikers Bay in Euless. Have replace rear tire on all 4 of our bikes and they have been cheaper every time and you dont have to pay any shipping charges.

poppa steve 01-04-2011 04:50 PM

I just bought a set of tires from Motorcycle Super store on line. The tires are Dunlops the price was the best I've found looking online. The tires are OEM replacements for Harley. You could look there. Ride safe.

Miz Roo 01-04-2011 05:00 PM

Dennis Kirk here, too for OEM Harley Dunlops.

PktChg 01-04-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by rh8234 (Post 7738984)
I did not think the OP was asking about the cheapest BRAND, but the cheapest SOURCE for tires. I have found that J&P can be reasonable, especially if you wait for one of their 10 or 15 percent off sales. I have gotten Avon venoms from them and was pleased with the price. Also, a couple of the HD dealers locally offer up to 20% off a couple times a year and if you want Dunlops, that ain't a bad deal. One local dealer offers 20% off on Dunlops all the time if you have them do the installation. I do my own installation, so I just wait for a 20% off sale and pick them up then. I've got a couple in the garage now waiting for a warm to so I can put them on.

That little obscure bit was missing. I have researched my tires and narrowed my search down to a few. Now it just comes down to cost.

Plow64 01-04-2011 05:17 PM

Good prices at Dennis Kirk.