General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
PktChg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

Needing to get a rear tire for the bike and looking for the cheapest deal. Been looking for a few days and seen some good deals but wanted to throw it out here.....do you know of an obscure website that is notorious for being the cheapest on tires? I've pretty much settled on Jake Wilson, who I used last time but wanted to make sure I'm saving every penny I can.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Turbo Flux
Tourer

Everything you have is riding on two tires. Not really in my mind a place to cut back. Seems that even if you get a high quality tires + shipping you might as well get one from a local dealer.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Booey424
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Flux
Everything you have is riding on two tires. Not really in my mind a place to cut back. Seems that even if you get a high quality tires + shipping you might as well get one from a local dealer.
+1 here. I personally wouldn't skimp on tires. I have replaced the rear tire 2 times. Once from wear and once from damage and both times I bought them from the dealer. They are made by Dunlop, but they are engineered for Harley Davidson.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I did not think the OP was asking about the cheapest BRAND, but the cheapest SOURCE for tires. I have found that J&P can be reasonable, especially if you wait for one of their 10 or 15 percent off sales. I have gotten Avon venoms from them and was pleased with the price. Also, a couple of the HD dealers locally offer up to 20% off a couple times a year and if you want Dunlops, that ain't a bad deal. One local dealer offers 20% off on Dunlops all the time if you have them do the installation. I do my own installation, so I just wait for a 20% off sale and pick them up then. I've got a couple in the garage now waiting for a warm to so I can put them on.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 815 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by PktChg
Needing to get a rear tire for the bike and looking for the cheapest deal. Been looking for a few days and seen some good deals but wanted to throw it out here.....do you know of an obscure website that is notorious for being the cheapest on tires? I've pretty much settled on Jake Wilson, who I used last time but wanted to make sure I'm saving every penny I can.
-------------------------------------

Dennis Kirk for me has always beat or matched the others and his service is great..

used him soley for tires and other stuff for 3yrs now and I don't like usually to order stuff....

Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You being in Plano, the least expensive I have found locally is at Bikers Bay in Euless. Have replace rear tire on all 4 of our bikes and they have been cheaper every time and you dont have to pay any shipping charges.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
poppa steve
Advanced

I just bought a set of tires from Motorcycle Super store on line. The tires are Dunlops the price was the best I've found looking online. The tires are OEM replacements for Harley. You could look there. Ride safe.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Miz Roo
Road Warrior

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Dennis Kirk here, too for OEM Harley Dunlops.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
PktChg
Tourer

Originally Posted by rh8234
I did not think the OP was asking about the cheapest BRAND, but the cheapest SOURCE for tires. I have found that J&P can be reasonable, especially if you wait for one of their 10 or 15 percent off sales. I have gotten Avon venoms from them and was pleased with the price. Also, a couple of the HD dealers locally offer up to 20% off a couple times a year and if you want Dunlops, that ain't a bad deal. One local dealer offers 20% off on Dunlops all the time if you have them do the installation. I do my own installation, so I just wait for a 20% off sale and pick them up then. I've got a couple in the garage now waiting for a warm to so I can put them on.
That little obscure bit was missing. I have researched my tires and narrowed my search down to a few. Now it just comes down to cost.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Good prices at Dennis Kirk.

Quick Reply: Tires