General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Original Kiwanis Redwood Run, June 10-12, Piercy, Ca.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
jbrickley
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Kiwanis Redwood Run, June 10-12, Piercy, Ca.

Kiwanis of the Redwoods is pleased to announce they will be hosting this years Redwood Run, taking back control from Riverview Productions. This is a good thing as all profits will directly benefit numerous Kiwanis projects. Musical line-up so far includes the Fryed Brothers, the Tommy Castro Band, Kaye Bohler Blues Band and Brothers Comotose. Look for more details in up and coming Thunder Press and our web site. For vendor availability or general questions, go to brickley@sonic.net or kiwanisoftheredwoods@yahoo.com. Thanks, Jim -

Old 01-15-2011, 07:14 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to it.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Loved the Redwood Run last year, its a shame that I won't be able to go again anytime soon.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:08 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought kiwi`s were for eating

Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Last time I went on the Redwood Run... 1979

Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 PM
bigdady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i just check the redwood run website and it says the redwood run would return in 2012 WTF i guess no run this year ?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 AM
jbrickley
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Kiwanis Redwood Run, June 10-12th. 2011

Big Daddy, Redwood Run is most definitely on. The venue has been moved three miles north to the Bowman Ranch, Cooks Valley. Bands confirmed so far include Tommy Castro, Kaye Bohler and the Fryed Brothers. The new site includes redwood groves , lots of grass and no dirt! Kiwanis of the Redwoods is busy with permits, advertising and soon to be up web site. Look for details in April Thunder Press or get on our mailing list at kiwanisoftheredwoods@yahoo.com. If you are STILL under the impression that the run has been canceled, I suggest you try booking a room in Garberville right now, and see what happens! Thanks, Jim -

Old 01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,224 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Last time I went was early 90-something. Rained the whole way up. My girlfriend (wife now) and I poured the water out of our boots when we got to the hotel room. By Saturday morning the weather was perfect. One of the best rides and events here on the west coast.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,990 Likes on 17,500 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Last time I went was early 90-something. Rained the whole way up. My girlfriend (wife now) and I poured the water out of our boots when we got to the hotel room. By Saturday morning the weather was perfect. One of the best rides and events here on the west coast.

HeHe , I tossed the hat in on that run the year it was so cold and rained all weekend it was pouring & cold the morning I going to leave . The new little hardbelly redhead I had just found gave me all kinds of interesting alternatives to sleeping in the mud down in the pit , Godfather offer you know .

Plus the ticket prices were getting too far out there for all the bull that was going on at the time . You say they have moved out of the pit back to the original River site ?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,224 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
HeHe , I tossed the hat in on that run the year it was so cold and rained all weekend it was pouring & cold the morning I going to leave . The new little hardbelly redhead I had just found gave me all kinds of interesting alternatives to sleeping in the mud down in the pit , Godfather offer you know .

Plus the ticket prices were getting too far out there for all the bull that was going on at the time . You say they have moved out of the pit back to the original River site ?
Twizted, hoping that they will post prices on the email request. Then see if it fits my budget. Haven't talked to the wife yet about it, waiting to see and then see about a room.

Quick Reply: Original Kiwanis Redwood Run, June 10-12, Piercy, Ca.