General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Legal

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Giant Mike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Legal

I finally got around to taking the msf class in Texas, whent down and to the license test and passed. How many out there don't have your MC endorsement?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

Congrats! Talk to your insurance agent. Some companies offer a discount if you complete the MSF course.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm supposed to have something on my drivers license making it legal for me to ride a motorcycle. I just knew the gooberment was going to screw with me some how. Damn....
(just kdding... Congrats on your license)

Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the license. You had to take the written test??? In GA with a certification from the basic rider's course you don't have to take the written or riding test...just show up with the paperwork and certification and get your license changed

Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Texas, if you take and pass the MSF course, it counts as the road portion. Just bring your MSF certificate to the DMV, take the written and eye test, and you get the endorsement.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giant Mike
I finally got around to taking the msf class in Texas, whent down and to the license test and passed. How many out there don't have your MC endorsement?
Hmm, the thrill of riding will kind of be gone now that you are legal. Kind of how teenagers will smoke until they turn 18 cause then it isn't quite so cool cause they can't get in trouble.

I've had my Motorcycle endorsement since October of 2006. Started riding in July of 06. Not saying I didn't break the rules of my permit before I got my license.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:24 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new license.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I rode for over 15 years before just last summer I got stopped for going a little to fast on my way home from work. Lucky me being a "bouncer" in the city I got stopped he didn't give me a hard time about the nearly 20mph over the speed limit but he did bust my ***** about not having a MC endorsement. He told me to take the test and get it taken care of so I went to the DMV the next day to get a "learners permit" to find that I had forgotten I had gotten a permit several years ago and did not follow through so I could not get another one. So I asked what I do now and was told I could take the driving skills test tomorrow morning. So I had my girlfriend ride my bike to the course the next morning and took the riding test in 15 minutes and went upstairs and got my MC endorsement. Never had to take a written test just the eye test and the quick skills test and I was all legal. This was in NH

Old 01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally Legal
Damn, I was hoping this was a thread started about some chick that just turned 18.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Well it's about time!! Seriously, Good for you. Bet you learned a lot.

Quick Reply: Finally Legal