General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG magazine

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
That's the general opinion in my crowd...the nickname for the HOG group around here is the AARP Angels...

Just Sayin...
Yep and opinions are just like ******** everybody has one. Just remember many of those AARP angels were riding scooters when you were still shitten yellow and probably put on a buttload more miles than you do. Last year was a slow one for me only 15000

Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,865 Likes on 6,239 Posts

Originally Posted by vet767
Yep and opinions are just like ******** everybody has one. Just remember many of those AARP angels were riding scooters when you were still shitten yellow and probably put on a buttload more miles than you do. Last year was a slow one for me only 15000
And they probably did it without gettin' their panties all in a wad. Are you the Director of the Racine chapter or sumthin'?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
kykurnal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took me longer to walk to the recycle bin to toss it than it took for me to scan through it...

Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
And they probably did it without gettin' their panties all in a wad. Are you the Director of the Racine chapter or sumthin'?
nope not even a member of the chapter. I am friends with many tho. I just resent people makin comments that because they don't see a use in something it's a bunch of bs. I chose to be a legion member and a vva member, coose not to join the vfw, for instance. Doesn't mean I am going to run them down or make comments about them

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

I actually preferred getting The Enthusiast AND the Hog magazine before they made the change to combine the two. The new HOG magazine is pretty worthless, as is the membership which I will not be renewing......wait, thats a whole 'nuther thread.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this month's edition has a great story about Bessie Stringfield. I'll venture to say there are VERY few here that comes close to the many miles she logged, and in a time when black women just didn't ride a motorcycle.

doesn't matter what you've done or think you've done - she takes the prize.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,865 Likes on 6,239 Posts
Wink

nope not even a member of the chapter. I am friends with many tho. I just resent people makin comments that because they don't see a use in something it's a bunch of bs. I chose to be a legion member and a vva member, coose not to join the vfw, for instance. Doesn't mean I am going to run them down or make comments about them
Not to worry.......once they see how you stood up for them, I'm sure they will patch you right in.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by aviator
this month's edition has a great story about Bessie Stringfield. I'll venture to say there are VERY few here that comes close to the many miles she logged, and in a time when black women just didn't ride a motorcycle.

doesn't matter what you've done or think you've done - she takes the prize.
Yep and ther are others like it. An article on the gulf coast rte from Talahassee to Pensacola a while back. I would have skipped that on my trip this summer, had I not read it

Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You get your boots wet a lot when you start pissing contests that you're the only one in?

I don't happen to care for the parade style riding and rulebook nit picking that goes on in the HOG groups around here, if yours is different, good on ya.

And for the record, I'm 61...started riding in '67 and my best friend & riding bud of almost 40 years says I'm the only guy he knows who'll still hit the road at the drop of a hat, anytime...

Hope your day gets better when you get that 2X4 sized chip off your shoulder...

Old 02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Bessie Stringfield article was pretty good in this one. Good article about HOG member and medal of honor winner Gary Wetzel a while back too. (click to read it on HD web site). There's some good stuff in every issue - it's no American Iron, but it's alright.

Quick Reply: HOG magazine