General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle only checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos

Right, but just how many of us crying "No!" are willing to write your Congressman and put a stop to this growing practice?
I have more then once.

And no I don't believe in them It is just an excuse for them to "inspect/search" your motorcycle.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Nope, would rather see my tax dollars going to pay our service members' salary.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

A big NO, as all discriminatory practices in the U.S. need to be abolished. Our civil rights are in jeopardy here, and I will write my Congressman to voice my opinion on the motorcycle only safety check points. Don't want this nonsense happening in California, as we have bigger problems to worry about.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No i don't

Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure which offends me more. The federal government paying bribes to the states to get them to violate a citizens rights or the States for accepting it.

Michael

Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.
And I write to my reps to express my belief that it is profiling. I also write to them about other motorcycle issues too.
It is easy to email your reps. A hand written letter is even better. Something is better than nothing.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by deadhawg
Just no is not enough.
Such checkpoints are illegal, unconstitutuinal, and a violation of my civil rights.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
LEO is on this forum and we all know how much they love federal funding and harassing bikers. Its a win win for them. Earmarked funds and government permission, they love it.

Right, but just how many of us crying "No!" are willing to write your Congressman and put a stop to this growing practice?
I wrote letters and called all 3 of my elected Federal representatives. Didn't get so much as a form letter or postcard back.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,007 Likes on 761 Posts

I guess I wouldn't be so pissed off about these "inspection points" if they were honest, and just named them accurately...something like: "Motorcycle Rider Harassment, 4th Amendment Violation, and Revenue Generation Point."

Under the guise of safety, we as motorcycle riders are singled out, and asked for our "papers," Gestapo style. No reasonable suspicion or probable cause required, because this is a safety inspection...get it? (wink, wink). This undoubtedly leads to other intrusive questions like "Where are you coming from...where are you going...are you carrying any illegal items...any drugs or weapons?" The list of stupid "fishing questions" goes on and on. But then, they're really only interested in the safe operation of our bikes on public roads, right?

What really pisses me off the most (besides the civil rights/harassment issue) is our tax dollars are being squandered on this federally funded fishing expedition. Last time I checked, we had a slight problem with debt in this country, and we can ill afford to waste taxpayer's money on this bullshit.

Off my soapbox now.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eff NO! If there is going to be a safety inspection, ALL vehicles shoud be subject to it.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle only checkpoints