General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Super Tuner Not Physically Installed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 PM
mikepett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Super Tuner Not Physically Installed?

Title states my question, I think. I just had the SE Super Tuner, pipes and air cleaner installed today at my local Harley dealership. And I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm not a grease monkey. I just love riding. But, I've seen in various places on the net that the SE Tuner is not actually physically installed on the bike; it's just connected to program the thing. But, that said, the dealership didn't give me a tuner. I just can't seem to find a definitive answer to this and would like to half way know what I'm talking about before I go up there tomorrow. If it is not actually supposed to be installed surely they are supposed to give it to me, correct? I mean, I paid for it; the tuner itself is on the receipt.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. The SE tuner is simply a tool that allows the mechanic to access the computer and alter it. It does not stay attached. You need to get this back from your dealer. The tuner attaches to your VIN # and is only good on your bike. You will need it in the future if you do anymore engine/intake/exhaust mods. Get the tuner back. Or your money. One of the two, ASAP.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 PM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is correct. One place to look before you call. Do you have a fork bag? That's where they put mine, but they did tell me before I left.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

As stated above, the tuner does not stay connected, BUT they need to give you your tuner, you do not want to spend ANOTHER $400. buying another to work on your bike. if you go on long extended rides that tuner needs to be included with the stuff you take, just in case. go to the dealer and ask for your tuner..make sure its yours and make sure it has your map on it.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
mikepett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I kind of figured that, but didn't want to make too big a fool of myself. Good thinking Fence, but I don't have any storage on my bike. I'll definitely visit tomorrow to pick it up. Hopefully it was just a mis-understading or that I rushed out of there so quickly because of my excitement. I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve!