General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear Poser.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 AM
EvilWayz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by khyber
Sailors, bunch of whiny little bitches.......sorry, Senior Chief, just couldn't pass it up!
+1. I'm surprised there is a Chief that could stop playing golf or softball long enough to ride a motorcycle, to be honest.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skdvr
If I pull into a parking lot that is quite full I will park on one side of my spot to allow room for another bike to pull in if they would like. I would however expect that they put they bike on the far opposite side so that I can get my bike out easily. So far that has always seemed to be the case. If I pull into that same full parking lot and could only find a place next to another bike, I would only park there if they where far enough over in the spot to allow the room needed for me to park and them to be able to get out. I would not squeeze in next to someone unless it is someone I know and we will be leaving at the same time.

Phil
+1

Yesterday after work I decided to grab a beer and some wings. When I pulled into the nearly full parking lot, there was a bike in a spot by itself. It was parked close to the middle of the spot so I pulled into another empty one. When I parked, I took the rear right to allow room for another in the left front. No one took it though.
When I left, I noticed another centered in the "orders to go" space. He didn't have bags on that "Chopper" so it would be fun to watch him carrying and order, If he was getting some thing to go.

If some one leaves room like I did, I would take the spot if needed. If they don't leave plenty of room, I'll go some where else. Hell, I need plenty of room with my Ultra. On my Sportster, not so much.

I definitely will not park so close that it is difficult for the other bike to leave. I hate when it happens to me.