General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"The Nod" More nods than waves.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:04 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,222 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueHD
Should we stop at the side of the road and dare through traffic and run to the center lane and embrase in a hug, just because we are both riding scooters?
I only do that if the other guy/gal is riding the same year, model, and color as mine. I might even give em a French cheek smooch if they have the same bolt on chrome **** as me, but that don't happen very often.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueHD
Yeah, now you got me confused alkay. What I was sayin' there was, I'll wave. I don't get what more would be required. Should we stop at the side of the road and dare through traffic and run to the center lane and embrase in a hug, just because we are both riding scooters? Maybe I'm too naive and dumb but I dont see why I should care so much as to want to flail my arms out in celebration simply because we are both riding at the same time. A friendly gesture begets a friendly gesture. If you walk by and say "hi"..I'll do the same. If you wave, Ill wave. Dont get me wrong and mistake a little sarcasm as being a d!@k. The other point I was trying to make is, I dont make a huge deal and freak out and celebrate when ppl do anything else like I'm doing why does it matter if I do the "hey look we are both riding motorcycles at the same time" wave, JUST BECAUSE, we are both riding bikes? Maybe I just dont get it..
Don't worry about being a sarcastic *****. That's my job and calling in life.

Personally I don't care if anyone waves or not. I don't consider waving respect, nor will I feel "dissed", if you don't wave at me. So, we're in agreement here.
This whole waving thing got over the top with people hanging off the bike and flailing their arms like a wounded pterodactyl.
Really, mr. mortgage officer or whoever you are 9-5, please don't do that to me. I'm not worthy of so much effort. Nor will I return the effort.
People that deserve my respect deserve more than a wave can show.
The ones I don't respect are simply not worth it.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:26 AM
RideDglide
Tourer

Originally Posted by phrogflyer
so, what's a proper way to nod? do you nod up, or do you nod down? i know one thing i've been doing lately is nodding up, ya know like, what's up man? i hope this is right. my nodding is also after someone has waved at me because i'm not an initiator waver. sometimes i still give people a pageant style wave, sometimes i throw two fingers in the air for peace, and sometimes it's one finger in the air (usually when i wave at the cagers).
Exactly; the up nod, or down nod? I'm partial to the down nod myself. The tip of the hat, howdy type.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 AM
SCFLHX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This all started over a wave and has turned into fisting, head bobbing, french kissing discussion. Is this a riding or **** debate?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCFLHX
This all started over a wave and has turned into fisting, head bobbing, french kissing discussion. Is this a riding or **** debate?
Fisting. There's a disturbing thought

Old 05-15-2011, 12:48 PM
rhlhamlet
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Two fingers down wave... if I see you in time. If you have sneaked quickly into my view, a nod is enough.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
MrMax
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hollowpoint
It is fun to wave at sports bikers in the middle of a serious curve.
It's like asking them, "Now, can you do it with one hand?"
Funny, thats what I do to cruiser riders mid corner myself

Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Idontcare.whogivesashit.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

I wave , but usually I am slow to do it. so they never see it. they are a block down the road before I can get my arms to move into a wave. Takes me that long to figure out what the hell they are doing. Then I remember ...oh yeah that was some rider waving at me or something. Then I have to double check all the traffic around me and make sure all my gear is on before I can let go of the bars.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Clipper
Tourer

I pat the top of my helmet with one hand, and rub my belly with the other hand... at the same time.

Quick Reply: "The Nod" More nods than waves.