General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a good trip Mr and Mrs Toronto..

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Have a good trip Mr and Mrs Toronto..

So on the way home today there was a multi vehicle accident and i found myself dead stopped on the super slab in 96 deg temps.. i started talking to a trucker to find out what was going on and found out that we would be there a while since we were at the back end of a 5 + mile backup..

As i was jumping on the shoulder for a 1/4 mile run to the exit i saw a biker coming down the shoulder already and he pulled up behind me at the end of the ramp and had a lost look on his face.. I leaned back and asked if he needed help. He said yeah, we need to get to Front Royal VA.. I told him to follow me and i would get them through town since i was heading that way but not nearly as far. He said great but he needed to get some gas.. once at the gas station he told me the full story, they left toronto sunday, a rock busted his oil cooler yesterday, and was on hitting parade mode stuck in traffic today.. he was with his wife and eventually their trip was taking them to arizona.. dang thats a cruise and half for hotdogs and beer i joked.. i said well i don't want to take you through town then, that will be all stop and go.

i went into the gas station and asked for directions myself to get me over to a road that I new would get me into my town of williamsport.. the girl wrote the directions on a piece of register tape and since i had no way to hold the directions, ride and watch for traffic i taped it to my windshield..

down and around we went, were we were going nobodys knows.. i finally made it down to a section of town i was dead familiar with and about 3 miles outside from the upper end of 11 in williamsport and wouldn't you know it.. dead stopped traffic, i knew the traffic was backed up to town. we would have had to wait for a little sleepy town of 2700 people with 3 traffic lights to get all the traffic through. i then motioned for him to follow me.. did a quick turn into a truck depot and u turned to jump on 70 for yet another detour..

I finally got them to the 81 overpass where i normally jump on and off and the traffic was at a slow crawl but it was moving.. so i told them at the red light, theres 81 or i can take you to 11 and you can run down for about 4 miles and pick up 81 from there.. he said he was just gonna jump on 81 here.. we gave each other the thumbs up, said glad to meet ya and good luck..

what normally takes me 25 minutes to run, it took almost 1.5 hrs.. jeez.. come to find out there was two problems.. the bridge over the potomac river was having emergency repairs from the road surface buckling in the extreme heat.. and the accident 9 miles or so up the road.. of course all on the same direction of travel.

it was nice to be able to help out a fellow biker in time of need..

Have a good trip Mr and Mrs Toronto

PS, sorry it was so long...

Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hats off to u!

Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job. There are some good people still around. Congrats for helping out.