General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expensive lesson on the way home today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
cricket1116
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost in similar fashion a brand new pair of Revo sunglasses my sister had given to me. Wasn't wearing them but not-so-smartly put them in my pocket. Went back to look for them, but no dice. Pretty upset for a while there....

Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 PM
oasysco
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IDSTC
I have been reading the threads, know where to put my gas cap, lemon pledge, and wife. Got the warnings on the blinker fluid, etc.

It did not occur to me to be sure I have no folding money in the chest pocket before I hit the highway. The second I saw it flash in front of my face I knew that it was my $80 blowing out of my life forever.

What have you guys lost on the road? Where you able to go back and find it?

Anyway, I won't do that again.
I lost my prescription eye glasses a few weeks back. Had 'em tucked into my shirt pocket. As I rode, a venturi effect kicked in and levitated the contents of my shirt pocket quietly out of my pocket. I saw the glasses go in front of my face for a moment and then behind me in a flash. Not having a replacement newer than 7 years, I went back and looked for them immediately, but they must have been swept up in someone's wheel well because they were nowhere to be found. Oh well, it forced me to the eye docs to get a new pair of glasses.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Four or five times a day, I lose a bungee cord. A couple times a week, I lose the lid to a cooler. Two or three times a month, I lose a sofa cushion, and once every three or four weeks, a mattress.

Anyone seen any of them?
Yeah, I think I found your gas can and ladder too.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I<<snip>>>. No luck finding them. So now I need to tell the wife. That's going to go over well. I couldn't do it. Didn't want to hear about it for the rest of my life. So I put an old broken pair of hearing aids in my pants pocket and threw them in the laundry. Now it's her fault for not checking pockets
Good on ya! That sounds like something I would do...

Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

Of all the things I've lost in life....it's my mind I miss the most.

NO seriously, one day I stopped to pick up my usual 6'er. Bought a lottery ticket at the same time, as I always do. I saw the ticket fly out of my shirt pocket, it kissed my nose as it went by. I was gonna turn around and try to find it but I was too thirsty so I rode on. There was a winning ticket that draw and nobody ever claimed it. $3.25 Million. I still wonder about that one. It makes me sick to this day. But I still stop every night and grab the 6'er.

Haven't bought a lottery ticket since.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:52 PM
refugee
Intermediate

I lost my innocence,does that count?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Four or five times a day, I lose a bungee cord. A couple times a week, I lose the lid to a cooler. Two or three times a month, I lose a sofa cushion, and once every three or four weeks, a mattress.

Anyone seen any of them?
I found your mattress....funny thing,you didn't mention the girl on it??

Last edited by #1rocketman; 06-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My virginity, and never found it

Old 06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain

Okay, I've been riding again for maybe 3 weeks. About a week ago I was calling my wife to get an address for a store so I could check the fit on a brand of helmet that was for sale on craigslist. After I tucked the phone, I decided it was such a short ride to the store that I would enjoy some non-helmet riding. I had done this once before without an issue. I put my little 3/4 helmet on the sissy bar and took off. I guess the last time I did that there were no bumps to be found, cause this time I did hit a notable bump. I heard something hit the ground, and saw somebody's helmet bouncing around on the street behind me. There was a hobo on the sidewalk in the area. I pulled up to a stoplight and some dude in a car told me my helmet was in the road. That was kind of embarrassing. So I turned around to get it. It was gone. I guess that bum is tricking around the sidewalks and alleys under my $25 thrift store helmet. So I ended up buying the half helmet off of craigslist for that same $25 price.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Constantly losing ear plugs. Luckily they supply them where I work and encourage us to use them for any noisy activities we do outside of work.

Quick Reply: Expensive lesson on the way home today.