General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow light camera's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Yellow light camera's

They just installed yellow lite camera 's on my major roads and it flashed got me . I was wondering who determines if you did go through a yellow lite or not. I know that the lite was still yellow when I was underneath the the lite. Any body beat one or did they just pay the fine

Old 07-16-2011, 09:12 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been flashed 3 different times in the past few years in Gilbert AZ, and never heard anything from the powers that be.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If the light was yellow when you entered the intersection you didn't break any laws. Fight it.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Ia m going to fight it but like anything else towns are just trying to drum up money I was told that it is not a moving violation Also am wondering if they did recieve one did they fight it

Old 07-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jesus i know where this is going already.

Gotten the flash of the camera a handful of times. Never a ticket. I'm unsure of the review process, etc where I live. But around here you've gotta blatantly run a solid red to get a ticket. I've run a bunch of yellow/borderline reds with no ticket.

i'm sure someone that doesn't do a fukking thing to change things (other than whine on an online motorcycle forum) will show up on their political soap box in 5...4...3...2...1

Old 07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

around here they rulled them cameras illegal..finding that most of them were rigged to go off too early to generate more income didn't help..most of them cameras take a pic of the driver and front license plate,bikes don't have a front plate so they couldn't id you anyway..there was a guy,i think from Florida,last winter that got like 17 tickets for running a redlight.in every picture he was wearing a monkey or giraffe mask,they couldn't prove the owner was driving and had to drop every one

Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tour paks do a fine job of hiding your rear plate from any cameras unless directly behind you as well....

Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a guy at the dealer today who had a little rubber chicken hanging by it's neck from the bottom side of his rear trunk, he said it swings in the breeze and stops the camera from focusing in on his licensee plate. He just said he's a Cajun and it is about chicken and sausage gumbo............

I had to laugh...........

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 07-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 PM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j1mmy
around here they rulled them cameras illegal..finding that most of them were rigged to go off too early to generate more income didn't help..most of them cameras take a pic of the driver and front license plate,bikes don't have a front plate so they couldn't id you anyway..there was a guy,i think from Florida,last winter that got like 17 tickets for running a redlight.in every picture he was wearing a monkey or giraffe mask,they couldn't prove the owner was driving and had to drop every one
37 tickets and in Arizona and the police actually put him under surveillance!!
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val..._unpaid_ph.php

Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Chicago if you get a ticket there's a link to the actual video of you running the red light. It's not worth arguing either, it doesn't go to a judge. It goes to a mediator and no one ever gets the person to change their mind. Good ol' Chicago politics, lol.

Quick Reply: Yellow light camera's