General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bonehead passed me in the same lane

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Idiots everywhere. Ride safe.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

This is a great post on the subject. Many had no problem with this. I said you better be ready for a fight if you pass me in my lane.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...right-wtf.html

This was my original post, and the responses are interesting:
Bad enough my head has to be on a swivel looking for old blind people, deer, speeding log trucks, turkeys, raccoons, skunks, gravel, potholes, oil, and now I gotta watch my right side for bikes? You better be ready for a fight if you pass WI 1592F on the right.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Harleybike
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ID 10 T's

Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CSP067
I don't have a problem with another scoot passing me in the same lane, long as he doesn't blow my socks off. Ease up, let me move over, than slide on by. I'm cool with that.

But blow by without so much as a howdy do or slowing a little .... yeah, that ain't good.
+1, I agree.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:25 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Quit your bichin, I have cars pass me in same lane all the time here in Miami, not kidding wither, usually some fat dumb bich on a cell or doin makeup, always a German car though..

If a guy pulls up behind and to the right or left and eases passed me I wouldn't get pissed. The rockets blowing by me makes me a bit nervous though. I aint no Sunday rider either so when it happens its rare. I never do this to another bike though.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Quit your bichin, I have cars pass me in same lane all the time here in Miami, not kidding wither, usually some fat dumb bich on a cell or doin makeup, always a German car though..

If a guy pulls up behind and to the right or left and eases passed me I wouldn't get pissed. The rockets blowing by me makes me a bit nervous though. I aint no Sunday rider either so when it happens its rare. I never do this to another bike though.
Just cause you are willing to put up with sociopaths riding in your lane, doesn't mean that those of us used to civilized behavior have to put up with the degradation of society. Bitches in Florida are self-centered princesses with no concept of Physics. Killer Bimbos.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by CSP067
I don't have a problem with another scoot passing me in the same lane, long as he doesn't blow my socks off. Ease up, let me move over, than slide on by. I'm cool with that.
Exactly. I'll move over to one side of the lane when I see someone who wants to go past. Even if I'm already over the speed limit (which I usually am). There's no reason someone should surprise you by passing you. Watch your mirrors, move over and give a little wave, and everybody goes on their way safely. It's not up to me to enforce speed limits so I don't. And if I'm riding my scoot, I don't need a whole lane to get down the road. I can manage just fine with half a lane.

If you moved over when the other rider came up behind you, it's completely reasonable that he thought you were moving over to let him by.

The guys who knowingly block a pass are the complete asshats in my opinion.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Just cause you are willing to put up with sociopaths riding in your lane, doesn't mean that those of us used to civilized behavior have to put up with the degradation of society. Bitches in Florida are self-centered princesses with no concept of Physics. Killer Bimbos.
Well Said!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Not all of them, but here in So Fla I tend to agree with you. Been thinking about this subject a long time down here, you left out unintelligent (which is biggest problem)

Originally Posted by Ron750
Bitches in Florida are self-centered princesses with no concept of Physics. Killer Bimbos.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

If I came up behind you and you moved to one side....you just told me "go ahead".

~Joe

Quick Reply: Bonehead passed me in the same lane