General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoka Hey 2011....Still waiting!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you gotta love a challenge that is labeled as "10,000+ miles" with the final mileage being around 14000+ miles.

What's 4000 miles between friends?

The idea of the competition is great, but the execution of those in charge of running it leaves much to be desired. The mental image of a room full of monkeys having intimate relations with footballs come to mind.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wasn't there a thread like this a year ago claiming(also by someone not involved..) that the race was a fraud, ripoff, nobody was gonna get any money, blah, blah, blah? And it turned out that was all BS by people not involved and not knowing what they were talking about. I've never been involved in it and have no skin in the game but I'll listen to the people that actually rode it and see what they have to say. The rest is just internet BS.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

.........heck, i'm still waitin' to see photos of the MoCo's official Hoka Hey Road Glide.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Druid
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't trust any promoter that based the prize on the results of a polygraph test, given that it has been demonstrated that they often don't work.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Wasn't there a thread like this a year ago claiming(also by someone not involved..) that the race was a fraud, ripoff, nobody was gonna get any money, blah, blah, blah? And it turned out that was all BS by people not involved and not knowing what they were talking about. I've never been involved in it and have no skin in the game but I'll listen to the people that actually rode it and see what they have to say. The rest is just internet BS.

+1

Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I am with you. WTF? Naysayers still ain't done? I have a friend that..I heard that...
I think that...All a buncha BS if you ask me. At least they left us alone and let us enjoy following it this year.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

believe I'll wait till Ironass checks in, wasn't he entered in it?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
macawsj
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Ultra38
I am sorry you were among the duped this year by James Durham (Red Clown). He has been scamming people for many many years and he has become quite accomplished at it.

He blatantly lies and there are always people that believe him. You simply can't check into the background of everyone you meet. If you do some digging on this Durham character you will see the long trail of disgruntled people whose pockets were emptied by this crackpot.

He'll get away with this, like he did last year, and will continue to do it again because he found the perfect prey. Bikers are not the sort to drag him into legal actions. They are the best group of people who will just chalk it up to experience and be grateful for the beautiful ride, which in my opinion, was accomplished by the sweat and determination of each individual rider. Red Clown had little to do with that, other than supplying a map and a coin for the price of $1000.

Last edited by macawsj; 09-26-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yes there was numerous threads of this vein, I ran it last year and all the people biching didn't ride it or finish it. Ultra 38, if you have a friend that ran it and finished it and he has complaints he has a forum with the HHC group to speak his piece, I have not seen anything you are posting in there yet, these people (especially the finishers) tend to be very matter of fact and direct, not the shrinking violet types you are portraying. Send me his name in a PM and I'll check with your "friend "in confidence. If not just STFU with your whining on behalf of your "friend". I was there last year, rode my Dyna out for the start this year, buddy finished this year and no one I know is whining like you are on behalf or your "friend".

Old 09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I seen it and it looked badass but not as badass as my Ultra. Good chunk of HD executive leadership was at the opening ceremony, tehy seemed a little dorky.

Originally Posted by groupw
.........heck, i'm still waitin' to see photos of the MoCo's official Hoka Hey Road Glide.

Quick Reply: Hoka Hey 2011....Still waiting!