General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoka Hey 2011....Still waiting!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all that being said...

I just liked hearing something about it again.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the $500k should have been escrowed at a c.p.a. firm and the promoter should have to have provided a bond for the full amount of the prize money. the moco and it's dealers participation in this was ill advised...hey, it seemed like a scam last year---but the moco is in, so it must be legit was many people's thinking. i know it is bush's fault, but obama is driving now and the justice dept. needs to get it resolved.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Read the links above, the money is in escrow and was paid out last year, I met Will numerous times and he had a $500k smile and a new bike.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 AM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. If you don't know, you don't know. I've spoken with two riders in this year's event, both of whom were in the early finishers. Neither had any complaints. I'll put my faith in folks who were there, rather than someone who joined just to rant, and somebody else who mysteriously joined just to support the rant.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
believe I'll wait till Ironass checks in, wasn't he entered in it?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So I just did a quick Google search and it looks like the controversy last year was headed off by the winner saying he got paid. Then the same guy who made the annoncement that took the heat off last year won it this year? Hmmm.

Not saying that's fishy, but it reminded me of this time I worked security for a "tough man constest" back in the 80's (before MMA and UFC). Mostly local fighters. A lot of judge's decisions and in the end, a guy from Bluefield, WV won the money, which seemed a little off to me, but I'm no expert. Then I got paid and the company that paid me had an address on the check...from Bluefield, WV. I think they call that a "ringer." But who knows.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 PM
jlh2011
Novice

The Hoka Hey Road Glide

Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jlh2011

The Hoka Hey Road Glide
Um, yeah... I think I'll hold off, but thanks.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
mikedabiker
6th Gear
Exclamation No One Got Any Prize Money

Ok all you supporters of the Hoka Hey I would like your input on the reports from the facebook Hoka Hey page that of the 11 finishers that got to the finish by the deadline all of them either were disqualifed for exceeding speedlimits by more than 20 MPH or for cheating. That Will this year's first to finish and last year's winner was disqualifed and Red Cloud has publicly stated he believed Will cheated both years and want's last year's money back.
I didn't make any of this up it's all out there in black and white on several sites.

It's also reported since the top 11 had to travel to arizona and take a lie detector test at their own expense even though the organizers knew they had all exceeded the speed limit a settlement was made with all but one for a one time cash pay out of $10,000. Now I'm not sure if that's per person or split between the 10 of them. The money is to cover their costs and is NOT prize money. They all agreed and admited to the speeding expcept one that must be filing a law suite???

I didn't ride either year and will not pay to do this in the future. If something looks to good to be true it is folks. I value my money too much even though I do love a good ride. I look forward to seeing responses and hope this post is not deleted before there's time for discussion.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It stunk from day 1, IMO. I wonder if the winner and this Red Cloud guy are in on it together. I get a bad vibe off them both.

Incidentally, I don't really see how an honest promoter can claim a $XXXXXX prize without knowing how much revenue the event will bring in. I can understand a percentage of the registration fees, or a "split the pot" sort of thing, but to say that you will pay out $500K when you do not even know if the event will bring in that much money to me sets up a HUGE red flag!

Quick Reply: Hoka Hey 2011....Still waiting!