General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really love riding, i wish i could move :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:25 AM
alwyslpy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I wish I have some same feeling when I pick up my forty eight next month. I agree with what some have already said, screw the haters; I know I felt like a "badass" when I was on a crotchrocket, a harley? aha HA.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
kzoo
Road Master

Hating the thought of having to store the scoot for the winter. I have decided to put it in a climate controlled unit that is available where my wife has her shop. It is about 2 miles from the house and on my way to work. I will get it ready to store, but you better believe, if we get a stretch of a few days of riding weather, it's coming out...as long as the salt level is low...

Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

The people were friendly,intelligent, and just generally very nice and far better quality than the people here,
I thought we were talking about New York City.

That's one nice thing about the midwest. I can ride pretty much throughout winter except for the really cold days but they never last. It could be in the teens one week and 50's the next. Just pick your days.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
Sounds to me like it's time for the "Live To Ride" patches, derby covers, tattoos... you're ready bro'.
haha aint that the truth. Pretty soon he will be ready for a lone wolf patch too.

To the o.p-----I understand the "feeling" but i dont get the whole bad *** thing or the belief every woman wants what you got attitude.You are the same guy with or without your bike.
You really take the bike instead of riding with your wife and kids? How many conversations are you missing doing that? I actually am envious of guys in minivans with their family. I think that must be an awesome feeling.Choose your path carefully.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate winter, but not so much for the lack of riding, i mean that is part of it, but I know how you feel. I have a good job that I have been at for 8 years-have alot of PTO time and perks I don't want to give up. I have a sweet deal on my house so as much as i hate winter here in Ohio I just can't move. I can tell you this-if my work ever gets rid of me I am not looking for work here, i will not looking down south as at some point I would love to move.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Biker90
Road Warrior
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I live in Rockland and travel in to NYC to work everyday. Unless it's raining or snowing I ride in. But then again I have the bagger with the fairings and lowers.....

Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

The greatness of FL pretty much begins and ends with the weather.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really regret moving away from SoCal (well Oceanside then Temecula area) or not making the move to Arizona, now I am stuck in NY too. I love the seasons and in the winter I'll be skiing and/or lighting fires and snoozing on my sofa with snow coming down (seriously underrated activity).

But I just hate this state, I hate the ridiculous laws, the insane taxes etc... And this year it seems it rains five days out of the week. I typically ride into January, but shortly after that it becomes too much of a pain in the *** keeping the salt of the bike and you can go weeks at a time without even getting the bike out because of snow and ice, not really worth trying to ride through January, February, and early March.

Last edited by babalu; 10-17-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
gred-04
Tourer

I used to have the same problem when I lived up north. Hated the
end of the season but in a way it gives you something to look
forward to as winter used to suck the life out of me anyway.

I could ride all year now but usually dont when it's below 45. Which
is kinda funny as I used to jump on the bike for a winter ride whenever
the weather was at least 30 and the streets were clear.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 AM
BillM
Road Captain

I rode to work this morning and it was only 42*....LOL

I will ride as long as I can stand it outside with the clothes I have.

Quick Reply: I really love riding, i wish i could move :(