General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really love riding, i wish i could move :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:46 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I really love riding, i wish i could move :(

I only bought my first bike in mid June, and instantly felt like i was born to ride. Not just ride around on 2 wheels, Honda/BMW/Kawi's/etc are great and all, but i feel like saddling up on an HD really induces an attitude. Nobody can see it, smell it, and i certainly wont speak of it .. but i def feel like a badass when rolling down the street on my Heritage, setting off car alarms as i go, an obvious hero to all children I see who stop dead in their tracks to stare and wave at me. A figure of envy to all men who walk with their wives who wont let them have one hehe.

When i first got it everyone questioned me with "when the hell you gonna ride it??" Which is true, i have ZERO time to go joy riding!! But through wind and rain, my car sat there collecting dust. I put over 6,000 miles on my new toy and loved every single one of them!!

Now its getting chilly here in NY and i can/will extend my season for as long as possible (Gerbing, etc). But at some point its just inevitable, she has to be put away.

My wife and I are both anchored into our jobs, 3yr old daughter has just started school .. so its near impossible to relocate. But I cant say I have ever thought about it more wishfully, to move to a location that i has decent temps year round.

Just felt like typing, sorry for wasting a thread. Chime in if your in the same boat as me. Very sad

Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know about the "badass" part of it. But I know what you're feeling. It's taken 30 years to get that feeling again, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even here in Oklahoma, we get snow and ice (18" in one 24 hr period last year). As long as it stays dry, I'll ride. I like the looks I get from women who's husbands don't want to ride.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,232 Likes on 2,471 Posts

one question, if you've got no time to go 'joy riding', how the heck did you put 6000 miles in 3 months?

and seriously, i love riding, do it every chance i get, my truck sits in the driveway for a major part of the year, but you're attitude is just a little over the top...... some of what you wrote is either sarcasm, or you're a legend in your own mind.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rsarno
I only bought my first bike in mid June...

... but i def feel like a badass when rolling down the street on my Heritage
Just what the world needs, another Harley bad ***.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Winter can be a biatch here in Indiana. For me, that's what makes the other 9 months so great. I will ride from March to November. Last weekend I rode 600 miles and it was the best ride I had all summer!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:05 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
one question, if you've got no time to go 'joy riding', how the heck did you put 6000 miles in 3 months?
heh i literally ride everywhere i go now. My wife wants to go shopping for a coat, i follow her. Take daughter to swim class, i follow them. Go food shopping, i follow. Plus ride to work daily. Wife is getting used to it, and i love it lol.

Originally Posted by skratch
some of what you wrote is either sarcasm, or you're a legend in your own mind.
Yea i was being sarcastic rofl, was just bored as hell and pissed that soon i will have to put it away

Originally Posted by XKnight
Just what the world needs, another Harley bad ***.
Ha.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I only bought my first bike in mid June, and instantly felt like i was born to ride. Not just ride around on 2 wheels, Honda/BMW/Kawi's/etc are great and all, but i feel like saddling up on an HD really induces an attitude. Nobody can see it, smell it, and i certainly wont speak of it .. but i def feel like a badass when rolling down the street on my Heritage, setting off car alarms as i go, an obvious hero to all children I see who stop dead in their tracks to stare and wave at me. A figure of envy to all men who walk with their wives who wont let them have one hehe.

When i first got it everyone questioned me with "when the hell you gonna ride it??" Which is true, i have ZERO time to go joy riding!! But through wind and rain, my car sat there collecting dust. I put over 6,000 miles on my new toy and loved every single one of them!!

Now its getting chilly here in NY and i can/will extend my season for as long as possible (Gerbing, etc). But at some point its just inevitable, she has to be put away.

My wife and I are both anchored into our jobs, 3yr old daughter has just started school .. so its near impossible to relocate. But I cant say I have ever thought about it more wishfully, to move to a location that i has decent temps year round.

Just felt like typing, sorry for wasting a thread. Chime in if your in the same boat as me. Very sad
Enjoy it, ride as much as you can.

I almost feel guilty sometimes when i hear about you guys up north not being able to ride half the year. I ride whenever i can, in a small way for all you's guy's up north that can't.
...and screw anyone that says that they don't feel like a badass, even a little bit, when riding their Harley... you're lyin' to me and/or yourself if you don't feel cooler on your scoot than if you were riding around in a mini-van. Motorcycles LOOK cool, motorcycles FEEL cool, and a motorcycle can make you look cooler than you really are as long as you don't make an *** of yourself.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

.. but i def feel like a badass when rolling down the street on my Heritage, setting off car alarms as i go, an obvious hero to all children I see who stop dead in their tracks to stare and wave at me. A figure of envy to all men who walk with their wives who wont let them have one hehe.
I hate to break this to you but a lot of those people think you are a complete idiot who only thinks he is a badass...and besides....if you are such a badass why is a little cold weather stopping you?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Can't wait to graduate school...again.

Then it's either Florida, Cali, or Arizona.

But prob not arizona, I need the beach

Oh, and f*ck those guys. If ur bike makes you feel like you have 30 lb brass ***** swinging btw your legs and the strength of Samson at your disposal then let your freak flag fly bro and tell the self hating Harley ***** to go pack sand.

Last edited by toastman; 10-16-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:29 PM
poisonthesteve
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont say that man, I just got my bike in May, but I feel the same way you do. I don;t want to get off of it! and i've been riding for years.

I'm not putting it away for the winter. gonna ride it as much as i can, obviously not in the snow, but when the roads are good enough, i'll be out there riding my bike. at least this season, until i learn that riding in the cold blows...

Quick Reply: I really love riding, i wish i could move :(