General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers selling Trucklight???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealers selling Trucklight???

Does anyone know of any dealers that sell the TruckLite LEDs? I want to use my Chrome Cash to make the purchase.

My dealer has some Kury stuff in the showroom but not the lights. I guess they would rather sell the HD setup for double the price...not that I blame them.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to give props to the MoCo (I'm currently in a beef with them) but their LED headlight is far superior to the Kuryakyn and Truck-Lite. It has wider and brighter low and high beams... There's a study out there... Ive seen it and am impressed. For right now, I'm satisfied with my electronic HID set up...

Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

From everything I read though, the HD performs poorly in the Visibility category during the day but is slightly better at night.

I ride mostly during daylight hours and want to be as visible as possible to cagers. I also determined from reading other threads that the difference in the lights certainly does not justify such a high price when comparing to TL.

I'm always happy to hear the experiences of those that own these products tho.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if daylight visibility is what you're after, you should consider a headlight modulator (if it's legal in your state; it's legal in NY). During daylight hours it flashes high/low beam at oncoming traffic. At night, a daylight sensor turns the feature off, or you can manually bypass it when it's not needed (like a group ride).

I had it on my late Sportster and BOY, did it work! Just a thought...

Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by funnythebunny
if daylight visibility is what you're after, you should consider a headlight modulator (if it's legal in your state; it's legal in NY). During daylight hours it flashes high/low beam at oncoming traffic. At night, a daylight sensor turns the feature off, or you can manually bypass it when it's not needed (like a group ride).

I had it on my late Sportster and BOY, did it work! Just a thought...

I've had one before and removed it. People seemed to think I was flashing as I passed and they would flash me back (which is fine because they noticed me) or they would turn in front of me thinking I was flashing them to go ahead and make the turn. My cousin nearly t-boned someone that did that. Even gave him the "thank you wave" as they turned in front of him.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
quickster47
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't remember the gentleman's name but he supposedly has thee best prices on the TruckLite stuff.

His shop is located in Concordia, Kansas:
http://www.harleypartscheap.com/

Carl

Old 11-29-2011, 03:45 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I studied the options at great length and went with the TL Kury lights. They are amazingly bright during the day when the vast majority of my riding takes place. I saw the great test showing the TL vs th HD/Speaker and even the two guys doing the test were split. Given the price and the daytime difference it was a no brainer for me. Get lots of positive reaction to the lights from others. Your dealer should be willing to order the Kurys for you if they carry Kury or check prices at M&M Cycles. (Can't use your chrome cash though.)

Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jberg
I studied the options at great length and went with the TL Kury lights. They are amazingly bright during the day when the vast majority of my riding takes place. I saw the great test showing the TL vs th HD/Speaker and even the two guys doing the test were split. Given the price and the daytime difference it was a no brainer for me. Get lots of positive reaction to the lights from others. Your dealer should be willing to order the Kurys for you if they carry Kury or check prices at M&M Cycles. (Can't use your chrome cash though.)

Thanks for the info. Do you have any issue with the fact that the lens on the TL is plastic vs Hd's glass?

Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM
wheel752
Road Captain

The cheapest I found was e-bay.. even napa carries them, butt. expensive