General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST Up Your Worst ACCIDENT ~ Don't be shy, now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drank way too many beers and went to step off of a bar stool only to realize my feet were still on the stool itself. Broken nose and three fractured ribs. In terms of on the bike, went down on a track bike in Jennings, Florida when I lowsided at about 65.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
minesfaster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was 6 years ago or so me and a buddy spent the day criss-crossin the Cape hittin every bar on the way, last stop was on 28 between the rotaries, we pulled out and was goofin with each other , he passed me flippin me off doin about 75-80 so I twisted the wick, laid down on the seat and flipped him off w both hands, started to sit back up but was too slow about it, was prolly doin 110ish when i remembered the rotary, way too late, tried to slow up but lost it in the turn, bike flipped off 1 way, I flipped off another, both me and the bike went about 150 yards before stopping, missed every damned car but the bounce off the curb snapped my femur taking a 7 inch piece (that was never found), literally shattered my knee to bits, and the usual road rash that comes with those crashes. SP had to shut down rotary to land medflight, spent 11 days comatose, anther 34 days in hosp after I woke up, took 2 years of surgery before they decided to just cut out the remains of my femur and knee and replace it with whats called a mega-hyper- prothstetic skeletal replacement, so I gots my own skin and muscles but from hip to tib-fib is all titanium, and even the fib is a stretch because they took part of that out as a donor to rebuild my femur but it broke again after the first year and a half. But I can walk almost normal now, cant run but never really did anyway. All in good fun and from what I hear the first thing I said as I was finally coming to was to my buddy, who never left my side until I regained consiousness, was "I told you my bike is faster", hence the mo****r I now use.