General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW HDFS Payment Rules.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
bostock1957
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprised no one mentioned the $12 fee for a phone pmt thru a supposed representative

I'm surprised that no one even mentioned the $12 fee that is charged if a person makes a phone payment thru a supposed representative and what a surprise to find out that this supposed representative isn't even a person at all but is just a stale voiced computer which guides you thru the payment process. Found this out after being late making a payment thru the website. It would be nice to at least get to talk to an actual person if it's going to cost $12 to begin with! No more HDFS to worry about though here, thank god my credit union loans 100% up to 20,000 miles as if a new vehicle at 1/2 the rate HDFS is charging. I somehow don't think HDFS is winning many friends or influencing many people but everything is heading that direction these days. Love it or leave it I suppose! Just my humble opinion, now tear into me, lol.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Jonv if you really want to break their *****, before you mail your check to them, take a paperclip amd rub it over your account number acouple times and when they run it through the magnetic machine, it will not work and will have to be entered by hand. Making more work for them and buying you another day or 2 on the withdrawl !!!! Hahahahaha

Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyfer
Republican?
Good One!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As stated by a couple of people already, using your banks online banking/bill payment is not the same as they are talking about using the HDFS online payments.

Using your online banking is the same as writing a check, with the exception that if the payee accepts electronic payment, then your bank will wire the money to them instead of mailing a check.

This change does not affect anyone that does not currently use the HDFS website to make their payment.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,843 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Do a refi with your bank or CU, then just transfer the money. You would probably get a better rate to boot.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveCarlson
KBFXDLI Just because you're a 'Big Kahuna' and over 21K posts doesn't make you any less of an asshat. Way to stir a pot that didn't need any and to troll for responses. I'd think you would know better. I don't know about you, but I work for every $6 I have and I'll speek up too if some one or some corp. tries to start gaming me and get their hands deeper into my pockets than they already are.
I work for my money too bud, I just pay cash for my stuff. And if I do finance things and I do...I don't pay payment fees. Plus I don't whine about it on here. I have several things on auto-pay. No fees...no whining. You guys have the maturity of frickin 12 year olds.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rodnock
Good One!
Dude your IQ must be at least 15

Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by solowrider
Jonv if you really want to break their *****, before you mail your check to them, take a paperclip amd rub it over your account number acouple times and when they run it through the magnetic machine, it will not work and will have to be entered by hand. Making more work for them and buying you another day or 2 on the withdrawl !!!! Hahahahaha
its not magnetic any more. the machine reads the numbers now. you would have to obliterate the number for the machine to not pick it up.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:13 PM
tiretronix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
I work for my money too bud, I just pay cash for my stuff. And if I do finance things and I do...I don't pay payment fees. Plus I don't whine about it on here. I have several things on auto-pay. No fees...no whining. You guys have the maturity of frickin 12 year olds.
I'm new here and just wonder why you think you have to talk down to everybody ? I don't by any means know how to profile someone. but you really don't have a life do ya ? Auto-pay at Domino's doesn't count. I don't think they will come and repo your pizza, so just relax and be helpful or go the hell away and take your 21,000+ post with you. Do you even own a motorcycle ?

Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I got that email, I called them and I was told that the fee was only for those that pay on-line through the website. That paying through the bank as I have always done would not be affected.

Quick Reply: NEW HDFS Payment Rules.....