General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:50 AM
cobaltt
Tourer
Received 135 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Warmed my heart today...traveling many of the major highways through Massachusetts (of all states!), all of the highway signs were flashing "Left lane is for passing only. Keep right except to pass".....not that it did any freaking good...

Last edited by O.F.; 03-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
6speed51
Road Captain
Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Did you ever think that when you're behind a slowpoke in the left lane and someone is behind you, you're the guy not passing in the left lane.It never ends, and never will.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,105 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech23
You don't have to be speeding in the left lane to be irritated by the jerks out for a Sunday drive in the left lane driving slower than the tractor trailer traffic in the right lane where truck traffic belongs. Out here even the big rig drivers camp in the left lane in their governed trucks...now that's brilliant.

Tech23
This is something I used to NEVER see. However, in the last three years I have made three coast to coast rides and the big trucks have been a "bitch", to say the least, on every interstate highway I have been on . I have to wonder why?

Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
It's not a 'fast lane' it's a passing lane. If you're not passing, get to the right. Bike or cage...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Andjh123
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wookie214
Visual aid for D-bags that insist on blocking the left lane.....
Looks like Palisades Pkwy in your photo there--I hate that stretch of road and the places it leads to (at least in the photographed direction of travel). Some of the potholes that form in that road over the course of the winter could swallow my bike for lunch.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
maybe you haven't seen those signs posted on the freeways that say "right travel lane, Left passing lane"

that means unless you're passing another vehicle you're supposed to be travelling in the right lane, not "in any lane you want to".

no goddamn wonder there's road rage out there

Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
Now it's time to start a new thread about the people that will not turn on their lights when it is raining or foggy. Mostly foggy. You can't see them until you are right on top of them.
Makes it had to pass the slow ones when you can't tell if there is any thing coming or not.
Lets also address "Flashers" in the rain. In Florida at least, not legal. Flashing lights (Flashers/Hazard lights) are for stopped vehicles...Not vehicles travelling 20 under the speed limit in the rain. There is nothing quite as distracting (and dangerous) as looking into a sea of flashing lights on a 3 or 4 lane highway...Your brain, subconsiously, is constantly assessing each flash to determine "Brake Light? Or Hazard Light".

If the rain is heavy enough that you feel the need to turn on Hazard lights, exit, or pull well off the highway.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Nor Cal Mafia
Cruiser

Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
What an *******..I hate people like you..So you should determine the speed limit of the freeway cause your to much of an *** to move over to the right lanes where traffic is moving slower..its always on a hole like you causin traffic cause no one can pass you cause your going the same speed as the cars on the slow lane..What a dick

Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
ramu3527
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mafia
What a dick
lol, well put my friend...well put!

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road