General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Harley Thinking With Their New Ads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 02:37 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooth
Thanks Shovel

I guess my take is no matter who sits there and says "I am pissed at MOCO for selling my bike, my image that I created and I earned over the past boo coo years by being a real rider" to any one with money.......Harley and really the rest of the world does not care. Profits will be profits, posers will be posers, Soccer moms will be soccer moms.......I think that is why we live in the USA......

which is one of the reasons everyone seems to purchase Harleys.....

If you jump ship on HD they really aint going to miss you....every dog has his day, if the EPA doesnt get you, noise ordinance will...

Bob Dylan...."The times they are a change'n"

Screw the image and MOCO ,I'll still lay my hard earned money down and pretend that I am free and the road is all mine.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDE
If you specifically ride a Harley because of the associated biker image maybe you're a victim of their advertising agency and marketing efforts. Large companies like Harley Davidson Inc. spend millions every year on advertising agencies to develop new marketing strategies and campaigns with the goal of increasing their market share and selling more motorcycles. I hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as a "real biker", just different people who like motorcycling to different degrees with different tastes in motorcycles and different ways of utilizing their motorcycles.

Last edited by fat_tony; 06-03-2015 at 02:49 PM.